i never expected to see a topic talking about cricket haha
thats cool.
05:20 PM on 08/19/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
it'll soon take over the world . how optimistic am i .

yes it is pretty optimistic =P
but theres nothing wrong with that
05:26 PM on 08/20/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
no there isn't . n india screwed the sri lankans today it was 11 - 4......haha , did you watch it .

na man i didnt see it. they very rarely show any cricket in aussie unless the aussies are playing. especially now with the olympics on too
07:47 PM on 08/31/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
thorpe retired because he wanted to concentrate on his fashion career hahaha
06:31 PM on 09/01/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
well, I haven't heard anything about that recently

looks like it failed.

hahaha yeah =)
05:21 PM on 09/02/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
thorpe is in fashion now !!! . i still think he could have at the least given phelps a run for his money .

yeah i think hes trying to get into it for a while. he had very fashionable hair :P

i think its one of those things were you cant really compare them. like the whol ali and tyson debate??
06:26 PM on 09/03/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
but of course you can compare them ali is the greatest.......just kidding . so have you heard about the whole andrew symonds incident, kinda dumb don't you think i mean a fishing trip . sucks though doesn't it, hes such a great player .

yeah man, it was all over the news!
what an idiot! all i can say is i hope he caught a big one!
it is a bit of a shame, seeing as he is so good and one of the leaders of the team. though they did do pretty good without him. that being said, they were playing one of the worst teams in international cricket, so i guess you cant read too much into the victories
05:29 PM on 09/07/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
not only that but he also single handedly saved australia on countless occasions .

he definately is a pretty handy player to have around. hes probably one of the best all rounders in the game. but it seems he has to look at his attitude if he wants to continue playing.
09:35 PM on 09/07/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
just wondering do you'll have like a heath leadger day in australia.

haha probly not. hes from wa where im from and i dont think it'll even be a holiday here. though from what ive noticed i think hes only really become such a big thing with the dark knight and his untimely death. didnt really here much about him at all before that.
11:30 PM on 09/07/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
i hadnt heard that. its outrages though that they'll pay him that much money to do nothing. though it might be an indication of thier feeling towards him that they're not going to play him. hes something of a loose cannon and maybe they cant rely on him?? i dunno. and theres always that whole monkey incident with the indian team. maybe there trying to avoid any controversy or possible incidents seeing how bad it got last time betweent the two teams. should be an interesting series nonetheless
08:14 PM on 09/13/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
just read that he and clarke got into some bar brawl, this shit is getting so messed up for him. feel sorry for the guy.

i dont. the guy has the world by the balls and just does stupid things. but im sure it deosnt matter what he does australia will still love him. take a look at warney. the guys the biggest sleaze around cheats on his wife publicly but he's still our warney. i odnt like him either. i think aussie cricket should focus more on the good ambassodors such as hussey. thats my opinion anyway
01:57 AM on 09/14/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
Huss was the captain for one ODI series last year against the Kiwis if memory serves correctly. I think he'd be a good captain but doesn't fit into the "Aussie captain" stereotype image created by Waugh, Ponting, Taylor etc.

On a side note, I was reading the paper and it had an article containing Clarke's over-ambitiousness. He apparently told Tendulkar to take a page off of Gilly's book and retire. Also in the Indian dressing room there's a joke that went around at the same time - Why is he called Pup? Because he's a son of a bitch.

i think he might have been actually. to be honest i really cant remember =P i just think hes a good role model and great cricketer.

haha it wouldnt surprise me. hes been groomed for the top job i think ever since he came on the scene. thats funny =)
06:39 PM on 09/24/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
im a cric person 2. play 4 a club and right arm medium pacer. btw 4 da ipl the whole payment is if u play 4 whole ipl so dhoni gets his 1.sumthin mill but symonds gets the amount hes played 4. hope it clears any misconceptions anyway go india. hope we smash aus at home but its quite ironic i go 4 india but i live in aus.lol and im not even full indian only fiji indian.
but 4 those who hate cricket and r american sports fanatics cricket is as hard as any other sport mayb even harder. becoz not many ppl can stay in 30-40 degree celcius heats 4 a whole day and that too running around. batting is extremely difficult unlike baseball. 150km/h ball moving in a direction u dunt know about. bounce is sumtimes head high and you hav 2 hit it.the pads slow u down as well. not 2 mention spinners are even more difficult under a wearing pitch(unless he sucks which is hardly the case).
and who can bowl at 150 km/h or twist his wrist and fingers to move the ball. there r also many technical things such as breeze, swing(determined by state of the ball) and the rules-no bending of your arm while bowlingetc.
btw a cricket ball can be potentially dangerous as one of my friends cousins got hit at slips by a flying edge and unfortunately died. the point is a cricket ball is hard. if u dont know how to play play with a tennis ball first otherwise injuries will occur.
and sorry for my bad spelling/grammar.

oh how i remember the gold old days playing backyard cricket with the tennis ball. we used to go through so many. 6 and out!!
03:24 AM on 09/26/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
i still play that here every saturdays only its known as gully cricket here and i wanted to ask you if you found out for sure about the the whole p-scare. how are you cooping with it all.

hey man. do you? haha its good times hey. do you have that six and out rule?
my gf is going to gym tonight with her friend so i wont see her till tomorrow now. so wont know until then. i dunno hey. i'll see what the test says before i start worrying about what to do i think. she seems pretty confident that she is. should know tomorrow sometime
07:35 PM on 09/26/08 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
naa.......all we have is the brake a window and out rule...lol
im keeping my fingers crossed for you man, just a few hours more, but honestly speaking if i were you id get drunk cause otherwise i wouldn't get any sleep at all, i don't think i could handle it like you, or maybe its because your with the right person.

haha thats a good rule too!! =P
thanks man, i appreciate it. yeah im going over there in a few hours. im kinda nervous. i just want to know either way you know. i wouldnt mind it actually if she was, im just scared cos i dont know what we'd do, you know?
haha yeah im trying not to think about it too much. alcohol is good. ive got a flask of vodka ready and waiting if i never need it so im good on that front =P

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets