AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Bad Brains News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rare Bad Brains Footage

Posted by - 05:20 PM on 02/24/08
MTV has a rare video featuring an interview with Bad Brains and rare footage from CBGB's in 1982.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
05:34 PM on 02/24/08
DRUMMERGIRL121
fun fact: is left handed.
User Info.
why is MTV promoting bad brains all of a sudden?
05:42 PM on 02/24/08
verita
Registered Abuser
User Info.
well they did influence just about every alternative/hard rock act in existence today, directly or indirectly. i suspect that MTV is at least aware of that fact.

anyway, pretty cool stuff.
05:49 PM on 02/24/08
DRUMMERGIRL121
fun fact: is left handed.
User Info.
these guys have an endless amount of energy when their performing for their fans. i love that.
05:53 PM on 02/24/08
verita
Registered Abuser
User Info.
agreed. i have the dvd of their 3 consecutive shows at CBGB in '82. it is pretty amazing to watch.
05:57 PM on 02/24/08
whyte39
www.alexwhyte.com
User Info.
how long is something considered rare once it hits the internet?
06:22 PM on 02/24/08
Alexxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
User Info.
Who cares? The fact that they're doing it is great, maybe bad brains will get out there more than they already have. I'd love to see a bad brains video on the top 20 countdown or w/e mtv has these days.
never gonna happen. hah

11 seconds, at max.
07:05 PM on 02/24/08
SanePsychotic
Queerkegaard
User Info.
Pretty kick. I'm going to have to check this out.
07:35 PM on 02/24/08
mR kiNg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

i second this question. if they were doing a tribute/special ceremony type of thing, i would completely understand. and yes i know they have an album less than a year old and yes i feel they are deserving of recognition, given what they have done for the development of music.

mtv is like one of those people (most of us hate) who just yesterday realized how good zeppelin or the beatles were, yet they talk like they are the next big thing.

buttt, leave it to the money of the mainstream to ruin the uniquity of anything that is underground and good. my prime example is what bonaroo has become.
07:47 PM on 02/24/08
Rockybehri
loved you at your darkest.
User Info.
i second this question. if they were doing a tribute/special ceremony type of thing, i would completely understand. and yes i know they have an album less than a year old and yes i feel they are deserving of recognition, given what they have done for the development of music.

mtv is like one of those people (most of us hate) who just yesterday realized how good zeppelin or the beatles were, yet they talk like they are the next big thing.

buttt, leave it to the money of the mainstream to ruin the uniquity of anything that is underground and good. my prime example is what bonaroo has become.

you so don't have that pma.
09:24 PM on 02/24/08
born to expire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
leave it to absolutepunk.net to start posting about the bad brains once mtv starts embracing them. that "footage" is 26 years old and was on a dvd that came out a year and a half ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=68rHBr0an4U
interview on mtv about 20 years ago.
09:57 PM on 02/24/08
blllusic019
why does dad do coke?
User Info.

about as long as it takes for me to get cheated on....2.3 seconds. ughhhh.
10:17 PM on 02/24/08
katiebaima
last.fm/user/humhallelujah
User Info.
leave it to absolutepunk.net to start posting about the bad brains once mtv starts embracing them. that "footage" is 26 years old and was on a dvd that came out a year and a half ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=68rHBr0an4U
interview on mtv about 20 years ago.

what other bad brains news has there been worth posting?
10:23 PM on 02/24/08
domextian
sand hobbit
User Info.
Im not sure why this is weird to anyone.
Once again this was all done for the 52/52 promotion MTV does when they pick one band for the week and show clips and footage of them a million times(bad brains was the band of the week 2 weeks ago)
Obviously for one week of the year they'll pick an extremely influential artist like bad brains.Currently MTV doesnt really play stuff as heavy as bad brains (despite the specialty shows). When MTV actually played videos, the video for god of love (back in the 90's) got a good amount of play. 120 minutes,headbangers ball and alternative nation always played bad brains. Mtv focus's more on shows then bands now,so its cool they have this 52/52 thing.

what is weird is that this weeks artist is dr. cornell west..
08:44 AM on 02/25/08
born to expire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what other bad brains news has there been worth posting?

new album that came out last year, 3 reunion shows at cbgb in october of 2006, slew of tour dates over the past year and a half.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos