Username
Password
Microsoft News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 34 of 34.
04:09 PM on 02/27/08
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
We know, but sadly when you discuss the current bands known as emo, emo is really the only way to describe their genre, even though most "emo" out right now isn't REALLY emo.

Emo is also different than nu-metal is that it's used as a description and it annoys me. People use emo as a negative term. I've heard people who don't like Linkin Park's new album say "they're like a fuckin' emo band now". It just doesn't make any sense.

I wish the term would die already.

I agree. It pisses me off so much when people call Linkin Park emo haha. I don't claim to be emo or say I listen to emo music, I just know the history of emo. Calling Linkin Park emo is an insult and pretty much proves that the genre is dead. But I would rather listen to Taking Back Sunday than Korn, so I guess some ignorant asshole would call me emo. Plus I have long hair and I wear glasses. I am so emo. Woe is me, woe is my world, woe is the universe.
04:32 PM on 02/28/08
Genuma
User Info.
We know, but sadly when you discuss the current bands known as emo, emo is really the only way to describe their genre, even though most "emo" out right now isn't REALLY emo.

Emo is also different than nu-metal is that it's used as a description and it annoys me. People use emo as a negative term. I've heard people who don't like Linkin Park's new album say "they're like a fuckin' emo band now". It just doesn't make any sense.

I wish the term would die already.
Basically all bands called Emo now are pop or pop-rock bands. ANd all bands called Screamo are shitty wannabe metalcore bands.

I agree with yuopr second paragraph, though. I have heard dumbasses say that.

Yes, but actual Emo music is good. I just wish some jag hadn't tried to revive the term with pop bands. I want to shoot the man who heard Fall Out Boy for the first time and said they're emo.
04:32 PM on 02/28/08
Genuma
User Info.
yes, mr elitist although he was talking about the 90's
not the rites of spring / embrace d.c version of emo you think I don't know about.

shut up.
Sweet name drops.
06:56 AM on 11/11/10
NotebookMusic
www.notebooklives.com
User Info.
Goddd, he needs to do this again.
I'd die to four-shot him and teabag his face. xD
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News