Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
03:04 PM on 01/10/13
jburley
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Running Out Of Places To Go - favorite song. After I found out that one of my best friends since the age of 4 has cancer when he's only 18, then hearing that one of my close friends from high school was killed by a drunk driver at the age of 18, I didn't know where to go or what to do. I couldn't really talk to many people because in both situations, I can't do anything about it. I can't take away my friend's cancer and I certainly can't bring my other friend back from the dead. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this song and the rest of the Swellers songs helped me take my mind off things. As I was nodding my head along to the tempo of Running Out, something about it made me realize that thing's are gonna be okay. That sounds super cheesy, but it's the truth. Listening to that song kind of released all the feelings I had inside. This song helped me accept the fact that my friend has cancer, and another will not come back. At very least, I can still help the cancer patient, and this song helps me talk to my deceased friend. I'm not saying all this just because of the contest, but it's my one chance to let The Swellers know that they helped me through a very tough time.

Thank you for giving me a place to go.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums