11:27 AM on 01/15/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
DAMN!
02:14 PM on 01/15/13
SensesFailTY
User Info.
I don't get all the hate this song is powerful....soooo good.
02:39 PM on 01/15/13
theagentcoma
Mouthpiece for the Mental
User Info.
Apparently the new album already leaked..
02:52 PM on 01/15/13
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
for the most part, coheed has ALWAYS had a very cookie cutter song structure for 90% of their songs. intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus, but what they put in those parts, is amazing.
Everything Evil, Delirium Trigger, Junesong Provision, Neverender, Godsend Conspirator, In Keeping Secrets, The Crowing, Backend of Forever, Light and the Glass, 2113....

I just named more than 10% of their songs, each of which have unique (or at least, non-formulaic) song structures...and that's just off the first two albums. They've surely released a smaller fraction of "progressive" songs since then, but The Willing Wells, Mother Superior, the End Complete III all come to mind as well.
05:07 PM on 01/15/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Everything Evil, Delirium Trigger, Junesong Provision, Neverender, Godsend Conspirator, In Keeping Secrets, The Crowing, Backend of Forever, Light and the Glass, 2113....

I just named more than 10% of their songs, each of which have unique (or at least, non-formulaic) song structures...and that's just off the first two albums. They've surely released a smaller fraction of "progressive" songs since then, but The Willing Wells, Mother Superior, the End Complete III all come to mind as well.
yeah, 10%, there's 90% to account for, i'm not trying to argue about this, but yes, coheed of course has their handful of those long signature epic jams, but for the most part, the majority of songs on each album follow a cookie cutter structure.

delirium trigger, devil in jersey city, faint of hearts, a favor house, blood red summer, three evils, the suffering, etc etc i can name songs toooooooooooo

and in my head, bands with oddball, non-repetitive structures are bands like russian circles, as cities burn, minus the bear etc. yes they have repeat choruses but verses are usually differentiated

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos