Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Lollapalooza Passes On Sale This Week

Posted by: Steve Henderson (03/05/08)
$60 three-day Lollapalooza passes are rumored to be going on sale this week.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16.
09:08 AM on 03/05/08
TJ Wells
goodbye sadness
User Info.
Dammit, that is cheap but I am broke. Why would they sell passes before announcing ANY bands?
09:14 AM on 03/05/08
Shooter McGavin
User Info.
Dammit, that is cheap but I am broke. Why would they sell passes before announcing ANY bands?

After they announce the bands the price jumps way up. I think $150 after they announce the lineup. It's kind of the risk you take. But it's always good so it's not much of a risk. I'm trying to figure out why I never got that email.
09:26 AM on 03/05/08
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
thats damn cheap.
09:28 AM on 03/05/08
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
It's $125 including all fees for two days at Bamboozle when you buy them individually.

$60+fees for three days of this is a steal.

Then again, I really don't complain about prices of concerts/shows. $30 (which is the usually price these days for a major label 'scene' band) with fees isn't much, considering most of the crowd probably downloaded nearly every performers' discography...

-ACA
09:35 AM on 03/05/08
thebarrelboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I can catch this, I plan on buying as many as i can and re-selling them a reasonable profit to off-set my tax debt. I missed out last year when they did this, so who knows.
09:44 AM on 03/05/08
backstagebethy
part-time punk
User Info.
Yeah last year they didn't announce it till the tickets actually went on sale, there was no warning at all. I got these the second year Lolla was in Chicago, and I'm pretty sure they were $45 plus fees for a three-day pass...what a steal.
10:11 AM on 03/05/08
nulemoni
I am the D
User Info.
After they announce the bands the price jumps way up. I think $150 after they announce the lineup. It's kind of the risk you take. But it's always good so it's not much of a risk. I'm trying to figure out why I never got that email.

Actually the prices will probably be over $200 once they announce the bands. Last year's special mailling list pre-order was for $55 tickets, $170-ish once tickets officially went on sale and $190 after they announced the lineup.

For the special $60 tickets, they only release 3,000 at that price and they sell out within a half hour. Tickets are limited to 2 per order. I was able to get them for $45 each for Lolla 2006.

Nearly every festival does it. Cornerstone tickets go on sale in August for the next year, months before the bands are announced. By the time the bands are announced, prices have already increased like 2-3 times.
11:08 AM on 03/05/08
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I wouldn't go, but that's a great deal.
11:12 AM on 03/05/08
bad sects
regrets are worthless
User Info.
I'm on this. Last year I missed out but not this time.
11:38 AM on 03/05/08
JakeOff946
::10/28/2008::
User Info.
quick....! tate lend me 60 bucks.
12:42 PM on 03/05/08
nannyj
User Info.
Oh jeez. There goes my weekend. My friends & I are taking shifts at the computer for these things.
12:51 PM on 03/05/08
nulemoni
I am the D
User Info.
Oh jeez. There goes my weekend. My friends & I are taking shifts at the computer for these things.

It'll probably happen during the week. That's how it was the last 2 years. Thursday/Friday is my best guess.
02:39 PM on 03/05/08
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Because everyone knows there's gonna be a great great line-up anyway.

This is also a great opportunity for scalpers.
10:04 AM on 03/07/08
nulemoni
I am the D
User Info.
All 2,000 tickets gone in 13 minutes!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music