Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
12:05 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Kim Dotcom is such an assclown.

Doing the encryption in the browser is interesting (and from what I've read the service remains buggy); however, the entire point is obviously for plausible deniability.

I hope this makes Google Drive and Dropbox up their free offerings by a few gigs though.

Advanced discussion on this.
01:17 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Nah, their javascripting is horrible ... it's running slow for a lot of people (especially anyone not on Chrome).
01:19 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
50GB for non paying users; better than Dropbox already

This grossly misunderstands Dropbox.
01:20 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
If only they had a desktop app, I would replace it with Dropbox!
Given the history of this company, I would absolutely not recommend putting anything in this system you wouldn't mind disappearing tomorrow.
01:41 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think you mean "the history of the US government and copyright industries". When even judges and other governments are like "wtf?" that kind of points to it not being completely MegaUpload/Dotcom's fault.
Nope, I mean the history of this company and founder.
01:42 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
True. I don't use my Dropbox for any file hosting other than my Work Files, pictures, and some important backup files. The fact that Mega is using this encryption has me intrigued.
Meh, as pointed out in the Hacker News thread ... it's all for plausible deniability on the company's end - not real, personal, encryption of your files. YOU should be employing a private/public key system on your files if you would like personal encryption for anything you upload.
12:00 PM on 01/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Oh, I know all about Dotcom and his history. He's a huge douchebag. I also know that this crusade against MegaUpload is little more than a farce, and it's silly to say "don't trust this company" when the DOJ can - and has - taken down other services, sites, and blogs, so Dotcom isn't really the issue.
Feel free to trust your data there then. I don't.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS