runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I fucking love it!
06:16 PM on 01/29/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
A perfect pop record, T&S deserve everything and more with this release. God it felt good to pick up the CD and be blown away in my car on the way home
07:00 PM on 01/29/13
70timesseven
User Info.
I've always liked Tegan and Sara, but this album makes me LOVE them. It is seriously, so good. What a great album to start off 2013 with.
07:15 PM on 01/29/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Not even into their other stuff but I'm really digging this release.
07:19 PM on 01/29/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
another addition to my collection hehe

07:11 AM on 01/30/13
BigEasy14
The Formulator
User Info.
I'd say so. It's a natural follow-up to Sainthood, if you ask me. As for pre-Con material, I'd say give So Jealous a whirl. Before that, there are a few standout tracks on their first albums, but I wouldn't say that the whole product is anything amazing. Also, check out their acoustic live album, Get Along. Has the best version of "Not With You."
I picked up the new album and I dig it. A little different, more poppy than their older stuff, but still extremely catchy. I have heard So Jealous before, but I never got into it like The Con & Sainthood.
07:12 AM on 01/30/13
BigEasy14
The Formulator
User Info.
A perfect pop record, T&S deserve everything and more with this release. God it felt good to pick up the CD and be blown away in my car on the way home
This.
09:56 AM on 02/01/13
zacktaylorweiss
User Info.
Not their best lyrics sometimes, but pretty solid.
I thought the same thing. Mostly it's pretty tolerable (with the exception of "I'm Not Your Hero," which, for some reason, drives me crazy) lyrically. Musically it's pretty stunning, though. Super catchy songs that you can instantly sing along to. Interesting guitar tones (which I was surprised about), especially in "Shock To Your System." Man, that song gets me pumped.

Cap it off with the fact that "Now I'm All Messed Up" is a pretty much perfect song in all ways makes me super happy with this release (which I wasn't expecting to even listen to).

P.S. Seriously, though, how good is the last chorus of "Now I'm All Messed Up?!" The alternating "Go" and "Please Stay" is sublime.
01:10 PM on 02/01/13
leftapart
User Info.
I've never really given T&S a chance but after reading your review I feel inclined to do so. Here it goes...
01:05 PM on 02/03/13
SLADE775
Still the greatest
User Info.
Drew, do you ever give low scores?

Hahaha
01:07 PM on 02/03/13
SLADE775
Still the greatest
User Info.
It's such a sugary album... But it is fun for what it is, I suppose.
05:33 PM on 02/04/13
turningdrummer
User Info.
I was a little worried when I found they went with an electronic sound, but after less than one whole listen, I was floored. The guitars are gone, but it's Tegan and Sara thru and thru. Excellent album.
04:07 PM on 02/05/13
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awful record, sorry. You can't even hardly tell the difference between their voices on here. Garbage. They totally ruined everything they had going for them. "How Come You Don't Want Me" has lyrics that sound like Taylor Swift would have found them overdramatic.

Unquestionably their worst album in my book and I'm not even really a fan.
10:44 PM on 02/06/13
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
User Info.
Huh. Just rated it. I was not expecting a 60% from the members.. but perhaps this type of music isn't really AP material..
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests