Username
Password

01:22 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
As far as catchy choruses, "Honesty", "We Will Wait In The Fog" and "Into The Comfort" should satisfy you in that department.

Disagree with all three of those.

Anchor's a great closer, also one of my early favorites.

It's probably my second favorite song on the album. It's a good closer, but I feel like it's not as good as it could have been. It's somewhat subdued.
01:25 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
colorfast
I'm a paintbrush in a way.
Seattle, WA
Male - 25 Years Old
anyone that grabbed the physical wanna put up lyrics too? or are they out there?

This please. I'd love to see the lyrics to this.
01:28 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
Greg
listened to it twice on a drive this afternoon. I think I'll end up liking it, I def digged what I heard. But I wasn't able to pull out a lot of lyrics and get a feel for the songs lyrically. that usually holds me back from getting into a song, so I'll have a better feeling after more listens and with lyrics.

I feel like I liked the second half of the album better as well, like some others are mentioning. But Catholic Girls and Sins are still fantastic.
01:32 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
"knives" is hands down the most interesting, well thought out song this band has ever recorded.

Figured you would dig that one.

i think it was Tate who said this, and i completely agree, the sequencing for this album sucks

Yeah, I think that's the general consensus, haha
01:43 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
It's probably my second favorite song on the album. It's a good closer, but I feel like it's not as good as it could have been. It's somewhat subdued.
I don't think they'll ever top Never Feel Alone for a closer
01:57 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
dezi
Alright, so after two listens I can say that it didn't hit me immediately like War Paint and RFTS. I think their musicianship is at its best, but I feel like it's missing something that I can't quite figure out. Maybe I need to read the lyrics with it, as someone said above.
02:01 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
AnimatorKey
No Avatar Selected
cant wait I am so ecxited
02:05 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
astereo
east coast
RI
Male - 24 Years Old
posted my own long as hell write-up/thoughts here: http://noisehype.tumblr.com/post/569...-golden-record
02:06 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
SC
Trans* - 21 Years Old
Only about one and a half listens in, and it's good. Probably should've listened with headphones my first few times, couldn't concentrate much while driving.

Anyway, Drowning is fucking awesome. Surprised it's on most people's least favorites list. I think it's one of the few TDS songs with a real groove to it. I dunno. The drumming is insane though. I think the chorus of Knives would've worked better at a faster tempo, but I may feel differently when I listen with headphones later.

Anyway, I'll probably post some complete thoughts after I've listened a few more times.
02:08 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
blazike911
The lurker
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
why must I be stuck at work until 7! Bought each of the individual singles available, going to listen to the hell out of this leak, and buy off itunes. This band has more than earned my money, and I truly wish they were making more off their music. Can't wait to listen.
02:10 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
pretty average so far...as much as knives was hyped, it was pretty lackluster...so far (on miles apart), catholic girls, sins, fog and miles are the only ones i see myself going back to.

hoping it grows more with future listens.
02:24 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
spezialk
No Avatar Selected
Male - 29 Years Old
why must I be stuck at work until 7! Bought each of the individual singles available, going to listen to the hell out of this leak, and buy off itunes. This band has more than earned my money, and I truly wish they were making more off their music. Can't wait to listen.

Amen sir. I preordered the vinyl but I'll be buying a second copy of the iTunes version for those extra 4 tracks.

This band should just have permanent access to my debit account as long as they continue to make music.
02:24 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 26 Years Old
Need more listens, but first impressions are that it's good, just not as good as the previous two.

I can see it growing a lot on me though.
02:31 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
jjnunn118
Starship Renegade
Salem, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
We Will Wait In The Fog is probably my least favorite at this point
02:35 PM on 07/31/13 
User Info.
amo.
Sorry Entertainer
Female
Only song I really don't care for is "Honesty". The screaming on this album gets kind of overbearing at times because I'm not used to his voice like that I guess? I'm not sure...I'm enjoying it for the most part though. "Into The Comfort" is my favorite so far.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos