Best TDS chorus for me is "Settle Down", or "Never Feel Alone"
09:58 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
never heard War Paint. might have to give it a listen.
i prefer it to RFTS
10:01 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
2-2, the kyle orton show
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
I hate that some people are starting to make assumptions about the album from what the staff are saying, without even hearing it.
this happens with every album ever on this site once the staff starts talking about it, heh
10:03 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Is it that dumb to make assumptions about an album based on things said by people who have heard it?
10:11 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I definitely wouldn't object to them having a different producer. Not sure how much it would change, but I would be interested in hearing it.
10:12 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Is it that dumb to make assumptions about an album based on things said by people who have heard it?

Not at all. It depends on what they are basing it off of - opinions or facts. People's opinions on the album and whether it's better or worse than previous material should be taken with a grain of salt because everyone has different tastes and preferred style. Information such as the superior drum work, guitar playing, darker vibe, AJ's much grittier vocals and stuff like that are simply facts about the new album and based on those, people are just kind of assuming how they're going to perceive it. It's all in the name of anticipation - I'm sure nobody is going to just completely write off the album based on other people's opinion without giving it a fair listen once it's released.
10:15 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Not at all. It depends on what they are basing it off of - opinions or facts. People's opinions on the album and whether it's better or worse than previous material should be taken with a grain of salt because everyone has different tastes and preferred style. Information such as the superior drum work, guitar playing, darker vibe, AJ's much grittier vocals and stuff like that are simply facts about the new album and based on those, people are just kind of assuming how they're going to perceive it. It's all in the name of anticipation - I'm sure nobody is going to just completely write off the album based on other people's opinion without giving it a fair listen once it's released.
exactly.
10:15 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I definitely wouldn't object to them having a different producer. Not sure how much it would change, but I would be interested in hearing it.

I agree. If they continue to put out albums of this same exact magnitude and production style it won't necessarily bother me, because I love their sound and will always want more of it - however, it would be interesting to hear what they would sound like in the vision of some other driving force, so I wouldn't mind seeing them branch out a bit as well.
10:41 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Do TDS have any poppier songs on this record like they had on the others? Songs like "No one's gonna need you more" and "Settle Down"? Seems like they're trying to get away from that style...
10:43 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
allisterkid
here since blink fansite
Montana
Male - 27 Years Old
Do TDS have any poppier songs on this record like they had on the others? Songs like "No one's gonna need you more" and "Settle Down"? Seems like they're trying to get away from that style...
Honesty, We Will Wait In The Fog, Miles Apart, Anchors are all on the poppy side.

The rest are a bit darker. I'm So Pathetic sounds like a Movielie song to me. Could definitely see Vinnie singing that one.
10:48 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Honesty, We Will Wait In The Fog, Miles Apart, Anchors are all on the poppy side.

The rest are a bit darker. I'm So Pathetic sounds like a Movielie song to me. Could definitely see Vinnie singing that one.
Huh, well that's good news. Definitely thought there'd only be like 1 or 2.

EDIT: I had to look up the tracklisting again to see whether or not "Honesty" was a track hahaha. I first read it as Honestly, " We will wait", "Miles" and "Anchors" are all poppy haha.
11:23 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
"Honesty" is pretty poppy too.
11:24 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, he included that one, haha. It was just really easy to miss cause it was the first one. Looked like he was starting his sentence with "Honestly,_____" haha
11:31 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
actually, what happened to Hopeless and vinyl? my copy of RFTS sounds great, but WP and The Greatest Generation sound horrible. Were they outsourcing before or something?
12:36 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
laxcrs
Fuck what you know!
Philly
Male - 26 Years Old
Favorite TDS chorus is This Is War.

Anyway, it sucks reading a bunch of people saying this is their weakest, but I sincerely don't think I'll end up feeling that way. Time will tell.

yeah that might be my favorite TDS song in general, i dont know why but i love the "so tell me what you think of the atmosphere and all those months inside my head" line

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos