Username
Password

11:42 AM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
FTank
Blank
Mount Horeb, WI
Male - 19 Years Old
Haha, so it seems. Don't get me wrong, I love WIWTB. It was my favorite song on the album on first listen, but it's just gradually fallen down my ranking. I think that, lyrically, it's one of the least interesting songs on that record, whereas the lyrics from Northern Lights and Never Feel Alone just blow me away.

Never Feel Alone kinda bored me until I really listened to the lyrics. Now it's my favorite.
11:49 AM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
UrSpaceIsEmpty
Same. I love the line "so here's the thing with my head, I'm unstable"
11:50 AM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
FTank
Blank
Mount Horeb, WI
Male - 19 Years Old
Yeah, I love that one and pretty much all the lyrics. And that last chorus blows me away.
11:51 AM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
UrSpaceIsEmpty
Have you heard the Live in Baltimore version? I think I might like that even more
11:54 AM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
FTank
Blank
Mount Horeb, WI
Male - 19 Years Old
Haven't heard it but will check it out now

EDIT: I dig it but not quite as much as the studio version.
01:36 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Yeah, I'm the opposite, I don't get anything from those two songs but WIWTB hits me really hard.

Haha, you might be the only person who likes this band and doesn't dig "Never Feel Alone."
03:12 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Haha, you might be the only person who likes this band and doesn't dig "Never Feel Alone."
I just don't get why it's so popular, nothing about the melody or lyrics stick out. It's just bland.
03:13 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I just don't get why it's so popular, nothing about the melody or lyrics stick out. It's just bland.

"Bland" is my least favorite adjective ever used to describe music. Careful.
03:15 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
"Bland" is my least favorite adjective ever used to describe music. Careful.
haha, sorry, just the word that comes to mind for that song. How about unremarkable?
03:25 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
But in all seriousness, the reason I love Never Feel Alone so much is that it captures a specific moment in a relationship fucking perfectly. It's about that frightening but exhilarating moment when you completely let your guard down with another person, and it captures it perfectly. It's the most honest (and probably best) "falling in love" song that I've ever heard. I think it's the most relatable song AJ ever wrote.
03:25 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Open the lyrics and relisten. It's very good.
03:27 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
haha, sorry, just the word that comes to mind for that song. How about unremarkable?

Haha, I don't mind that you don't like it or relate to it. But bland as a descriptor always feels way off base to me. How can something be flavorless and lifeless when so many people find so much passion in it. Always makes me wonder what people mean by bland, because I feel like I have a completely different idea of bland music than a lot of people on this site.
03:28 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
never had that thought "am i wrong, or is this really what you want to happen?"

i've experienced that moment a few times in my life. good shit.
03:28 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Open the lyrics and relisten. It's very good.
did earlier. it just does nothing for me.
03:31 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Haha, I don't mind that you don't like it or relate to it. But bland as a descriptor always feels way off base to me. How can something be flavorless and lifeless when so many people find so much passion in it. Always makes me wonder what people mean by bland, because I feel like I have a completely different idea of bland music than a lot of people on this site.
I just mean that I can't see the life in it. Nothing in it jumps out to me. It may be something a ton of other people love but that doesn't stop it being bland to me. I tend to say most things from my point of view, if I call something bland or bad, I really just mean that's what it is to me, I wouldn't say that's what the music is as a whole.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos