Username
Password
Tour Dates News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 96.
11:49 PM on 01/22/13
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
You'll notice I didn't mention "Mt. Diablo." I hate the song, but it's about a specific person, so I don't argue against it.

"Daughters", however, is clearly about an entire population of females who are at college and who choose to drink and have sex. Neither of which are bad things. (And I find it especially rich that the guy who can't get through two sentences of an interview without mentioning weed is preaching to people who drink.) I'm assuming the guy up there talking about women who "shame themselves for letting their guard down" thinks it's the girl's fault if she gets date raped or forced into having sex with someone while intoxicated. Not really sure what point he's trying to make. Because if he's just talking about having casual sex, I'm not sure what's "shameful" about that, or "letting their guard down."

There's a difference between healthy casual sex and what 'Daughters' is about.
11:50 PM on 01/22/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
There's a difference between healthy casual sex and what 'Daughters' is about.

And people that think weed and alcohol are equal. HOLY LOL
02:34 AM on 01/23/13
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
meechymeechymeechymeechymeechymeech ymeechymeechy
03:15 AM on 01/23/13
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
User Info.
You're kidding, right? There's absolutely nothing wrong with promiscuity, and to shame people for it is incredibly fucked up. To shame promiscuous members of one gender, while leaving the other out of the picture, is what we call sexism.

If homosexuality was a choice, would it be wrong then?

I shame both genders if they go around and shag everyone they see.

On Topic: Good for them but what about the kids who live close to the Rocketown and can't travel far? Can they not see any more bands because of something the venue did?
03:32 AM on 01/23/13
Chrisj182
User Info.
Good on them.
04:58 AM on 01/23/13
alexfabiop
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You guys trying to say that TSSF are sexist are ridiculous.. They write songs about how they feel at one particular time, not constantly preaching their beliefs about the female sex. A guy was pissed off at a girl so he wrote about how he feels. Chill out dudes.

Also, great move by the bands who decided not to play this venue.
06:05 AM on 01/23/13
IAmConjuringYou
User Info.
On Topic: Good for them but what about the kids who live close to the Rocketown and can't travel far? Can they not see any more bands because of something the venue did?

there are plenty of venues in nashville. the kids who would be put out in this situation (or their parents) wouldn't likely have to drive more than 30 minutes (and honestly i don't even know if it would take that long) to get to whichever one they switch to.
06:07 AM on 01/23/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
There's nothing wrong with Daughters' lyrics. He's talking about a certain girl. He doesn't say all girls are like that, and as long as it's all about a certain individual, it's all good.

Calling sluts to who ever attends their shows, however, is ridiculous and a shame. Seriously stupid. No point at all.
06:27 AM on 01/23/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
You people are so dramatic.

He said the song goes out to the sluts who can't stay faithful to their men. What's wrong with that?

Let me guess, next you guys (the ones against TSSF) will say there is nothing wrong against cheating.
07:07 AM on 01/23/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
You people are so dramatic.

He said the song goes out to the sluts who can't stay faithful to their men. What's wrong with that?

Let me guess, next you guys (the ones against TSSF) will say there is nothing wrong against cheating.
the problem is not about dedicating the song to sluts, it's about saying "to all the sluts in the crowd", which doesn't imply that all women/girls in the crowd are sluts, but implies some of them are, or may be, which is uncalled for and stupid.

I'm not saying he does say that, as I have no idea, and they never seemed like bad people to me. just answering your question!
08:23 AM on 01/23/13
pinkfrosty
Does not give a fuck
User Info.
Not sure what they think they're going to accomplish by boycotting the venue. They'll just get replaced by other scene acts that don't care or acts with the same "christian" beliefs. But I give them props for at least trying to stick to their principles.

I just don't feel like anyone outside of Nashville had ever heard of this place before this "controversy". Now they're getting free publicity from all these bands boycotting them. They'll prolly get the next 6 months fully booked now with acts that want to play the "venue where they're against gay marriage". For the same reason TSSF is boycotting them, other acts will want to play there even more. So the boycott will prolly be counterproductive.
08:29 AM on 01/23/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
You're judging the integrity of a nineteen year old human being by a two and a half minute song he wrote in a time of pain. I've written offensive things while I was upset before. Sometimes it's nice to get it all down.

I know that he didn't sit down with the malicious intent to shame all promiscuous females, and as time goes on maybe he'll see that the word "slut" is offensive to a lot of girls. You guys are acting like he has no room to grow as a person.
Just my opinion.
09:21 AM on 01/23/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
this got unnecessarily feminist really quick

ABANDON THREAD
09:30 AM on 01/23/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Lol. Everyone is this thread who is saying tssf is sexist is retarded or either just a huge slut themselves. But seriously dope they are doing this, best guys. Support same sex marriage and smoke weed everyday. Word.
09:42 AM on 01/23/13
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Sparks the Rescue is doing the same thing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests