Male - 25 Years Old
THE fuck???
10:59 PM on 06/08/11 
User Info.
tkamB
Nobody has it better than us
Bay Area, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
I can't believe that Adam Sandler movie is real. The ending was a real buzzkill, I don't know if it was supposed to mean the show was ending or that Matt or Trey (based on the episode I'm guessing Trey) is leaving but it sucks either way.
11:47 PM on 06/08/11 
User Info.
TheOtherAndrew
[UNINTELLIGIBLE SCREAMING]
Baton Rouge, LA
Male - 26 Years Old
I thought the episode was done well. Honestly South Park's been past it's prime for a few years now. It seems like the right time to end things.
11:50 PM on 06/08/11 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
Wouldn't be totally surprised if they patched things up at the very beginning of the next episode.

Or maybe it will take up the rest of the season....

Or maybe....
11:55 PM on 06/08/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I thought the episode was done well. Honestly South Park's been past it's prime for a few years now. It seems like the right time to end things.

Agreed with this. I can imagine that Matt and Trey are getting tired and running out of ideas. I feel like this is the perfect time to end it.
11:57 PM on 06/08/11 
User Info.
TheOtherAndrew
[UNINTELLIGIBLE SCREAMING]
Baton Rouge, LA
Male - 26 Years Old
Agreed with this. I can imagine that Matt and Trey are getting tired and running out of ideas. I feel like this is the perfect time to end it.
I'm honestly kind of surprised it lasted so long.

We can argue all day about this, but I've always thought the show jumped the shark when Mr. Garrison had the (first) sex change.
11:59 PM on 06/08/11 
User Info.
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
Nice Jewish Boy
If it does end this season, I want closure in the way only those two can pull off. It really hasn't fully hit me that SP is on its last legs.
12:05 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm honestly kind of surprised it lasted so long.

We can argue all day about this, but I've always thought the show jumped the shark when Mr. Garrison had the (first) sex change.

I think the decline in quality started in 12. I wouldn't say it jumped the shark, but the writing started to feel stale and plagued with repeated jokes.
12:06 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I agree, show declined in quality a lot starting with Season 9

But I mean the Simpsons jumped the shark in 97. Doesn't mean I won't be sad to see it go. Especially if it's out of the blue

How did the Simpsons jump the shark?
12:08 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I think them killing off Maude was a jump the shark moment, but I still think that season was solid. I'd say season 14 is when the dip began for the Simpsons.
12:10 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
This episode, if you're a diehard fan. I get that it's cliche and all and I didn't think the episode was really THAT bad, but it did mark the end of the golden age at the end of the season. Was never the same after S9

Ah, that episode. I agree that was a bit much. There have been some changes in the show that I think have been for the better (Milhouse's parents getting divorced) and what you just pointed out was the worst.
12:10 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
This episode, if you're a diehard fan. I get that it's cliche and all and I didn't think the episode was really THAT bad, but it did mark the end of the golden age at the end of the season. Was never the same after S9
I agree with this statement.
12:14 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I was watching The Itchy and Scrathy and Poochy episode, and the Simpsons did a great parody of those moments and fans' criticisms. Watching some of the newer episodes it seems like they are doing the same obscure moments (Selma adopting a baby, Milhouse's parents getting back together, and Fat Tony dying).
12:18 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Are you fucking kidding me, Fat Tony died?

Yup died of heart attack. Jon Hamm was in the episode. What does this mean for Legs and Louie?!
12:19 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
The simpsons were still very good past 97.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos