Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 22 of 22.
01:18 PM on 01/24/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
"I’m really happy, ultimately, with how it’s turned out. I guess that’s what’s most important."

Don't be worried!
ahahah I had missed that part aswell, thanks.
05:21 PM on 01/24/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To me it sounds like they are trying to make the perfect record and there's an overwhelming amount of pressure trying to follow up the much loved 'Waves'. From writing, time frames, producers, pushing back Ansible, adding Josh, and still working on the album. Sounds fatigued. He talks a lot about the evolution of Moving Mountains and it all sounds very personal as a musician (which makes sense considering the roots to this band). I guess the most important thing as mentioned is the quote "I’m really happy, ultimately, with how it’s turned out. I guess that’s what’s most important". I'm really excited for this album. I wish I could listen to it right now.
04:58 AM on 01/25/13
jhog3411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I didn't pick up on any negativity or lack of enthusiasm at all in the interview. It's a short print interview. I think you guys are reading too much into this. Every time I've seen them live (over a dozen times since the end of '08), they have been into it and seem to enjoy what they are doing. Looking forward to new material.
07:26 AM on 01/25/13
robdobi
hates your guts.
User Info.
greg was probably just bummed because none of the questions were NBA related.
08:09 AM on 01/25/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
That interview sort of bummed me out. I absolutely love this band, but there is zero enthusiasm behind Greg's words. He almost made it sound as though making this record was a choir and not a positive work of art. I absolutely adore 'Waves". I think its their most solid work from front to back in comparison to Pneuma and Foreword EP. I felt like MM was on a rise when they released Waves. There was some pretty big buzz. I have met Greg at a show once and he was a very nice guy but it just seems like his "whatever" attitude is why they kinda faded out a year after Waves was released and IMO have to start back over with this next record. I am sort of bummed to hear they wont be growing on the sound of "Waves".

I haven't read the article yet (gonna do it right after), but just to reassure you all, I met them after the show and Greg was very excited for the new album, I said that it's quite quick after Waves, and he said that they want do it as soon as possible and they have everything almost ready (it was quite some time ago) and that they feel it's good and different than anything.. I didn't ask for the direction of it or anything.. But later I also read some commentaries that it's gonna be a evolution of sound, I would really love to hear atmospheric Pneuma-like songs mixed with Waves-like heaviness.. I'm sure it will be good, and you guys are maybe too much used to the specific behaviour when the artists claim that the new work is always 'best to date' and 'groundbreaking' etc. : )
08:47 AM on 01/25/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
ps. can somebody tell me about this solo ambient project? First time hearing that, I found a song labelled as Ansible, was there anything released?
07:10 AM on 02/20/13
mattymcclelland
User Info.
I liked the structure of waves. I don't need to listen to them play a guitar part for 5 minutes before getting to the next part of the song. Ideally I would like to hear a more structured version of "Foreward" it had the epic/ambient parts from their older material, and was a prelude to the verse/chorus/verse structure of "Waves".
This.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums