AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UndertheGunReview News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

UTG Presents: William Control Interview

Posted by - 01:07 PM on 01/31/13
Under The Gun recently interviewed William Control (Aiden) and talked about writing two novels, his upcoming solo album, and his band's new album.
There will be one more Aiden album, mainly because I feel I left things on such a cliff in the midst of finishing our contract with Victory (Records). And like I said, Iím not the same kid that started Aiden anymore, but I do love Aiden and jumping around on stage. Itís a young manís game though, and Iím not a young man anymore, you know? Warped Tour is a young manís game. I want to appease the audience that has been with me and followed us for so long, but at the same time I feel sort of like a liar singing those songs on stage that I wrote and sung when I was teenager fresh out of jail. Those are songs I wrote because I so angry a everything and wanted to change the world, but now I donít give a fuck. [laughs] Now I want to tell fictional stories about whips and chains. You know, things that matter.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
01:09 PM on 01/31/13
A Head
User Info.
??????????????
01:11 PM on 01/31/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Damn, Under The Gun really took one for the team here.

01:12 PM on 01/31/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Just looked up, he's 31, since when is that considered old? He's not an athlete, so, still young.
01:18 PM on 01/31/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I never thought this guy would still be around. Props to him for continuing to be relevant in a scene where you are here one day and gone the other.
01:18 PM on 01/31/13
ACA
Next Show: CircaSurvive/TitleFight
User Info.
Aiden's music has always been underrated, though their image has always been a joke.
01:23 PM on 01/31/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
Aiden's music has always been underrated, though their image has always been a joke.
Dead on. Though a lot of the imagery was just theatrics for the sake of theatrics, a lot of people just don't like that stuff
01:33 PM on 01/31/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Surprised at all the positive comments in this thread so far...perhaps they're preemptive, more than anything. I saw these guys open for Rise Against awhile ago and man...they were heckled so bad by the crowd. It was painful/funny.
01:47 PM on 01/31/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
Surprised at all the positive comments in this thread so far...perhaps they're preemptive, more than anything. I saw these guys open for Rise Against awhile ago and man...they were heckled so bad by the crowd. It was painful/funny.
Ditto. I'm sure the jackyls will appear soon enough. It's a pretty slow news day
01:49 PM on 01/31/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
I used to like these guys around the Nightmare Anatomy stage when I was quite young. Their new material sucks though, he has such a terrible voice now thanks to the smoking. Interesting interview anyway.
02:12 PM on 01/31/13
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
Never liked their music or image but he seemed like a cool guy in the interview.
02:30 PM on 01/31/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Quote:
Now I want to tell fictional stories about whips and chains. You know, things that matter.
02:32 PM on 01/31/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
In my opinion, I honestly fell that Aiden's image cheated them out of so many listeners. I think people were too caught up with how they dressed when NA and Conviction were released to really give the preceeding records a fair listen. They dropped that gimmick (for the most part) and released a pretty solid album in "Disguises", which, I assume, was disregarded immediately. Aiden is talented, musically and vocally (whether you'd like to admit it or not), and I think it is a shame that so late in their career their music was/is still being shadowed by past mistakes. Listen, I get it. Their lyrics and music aren't for everyone, especially the majority of users on this website, but I think they never (recently) got a fair shot. That's all I had to say... Go listen to a few tracks off Disguises, you might enjoy it more than you convinced yourself not to.
/EndOfRant

Anyway, I couldn't careless about William Control, even being as big of an Aiden/WiL fan as I am. Glad he is still doing what he loves to do though. Sad to hear Aiden will end soon.
02:48 PM on 01/31/13
ilovesofie
was I good to you, wife of my youth
User Info.
This.
03:30 PM on 01/31/13
Djentleman
User Info.
Aiden are so sick live, hope if they break up this year we get a farewell tour
Wil is awesome

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles