AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

POZ Presents: Tell-All Interview with John D...

Posted by - 10:50 AM on 02/21/13
PropertyOfZack has published a tell-all interview with John D on the downfall of Bamboozle with serious details of what went wrong, and in turn why Skate And Surf and GameChanger are coming back. Check it out here.
There was a falling out at Bamboozle. A really bad one. But it wasn’t with Live Nation as a company. It was with a few individuals at upper management. And the rumors are true. I F bombed them. I went in and told them to take their job and stick it as far up their asses as they could put it. I said that, because I had reached a point.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
11:00 AM on 02/21/13
WishYouAway
User Info.
I didn't know that they dropped Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, and David Guetta for Bon Jovi that Sunday... even fiscally that seems like a poor choice for Livenation.
11:09 AM on 02/21/13
emopunkfan
AllTimeLow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dam...
11:36 AM on 02/21/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I didn't know that they dropped Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, and David Guetta for Bon Jovi that Sunday... even fiscally that seems like a poor choice for Livenation.
I heard about this from Jono from The Swellers at FEST. Think of how much more those three would have drawn compared to Bon Jovi.... Really poor decisions.

edit: After reading this it sounds a lot worse than I was originally told. LN really screwed the pooch.
11:48 AM on 02/21/13
hiya
User Info.
That was the most insightful interview I've read in a while. Great job. It's really crazy to hear what went on behind the scenes and Gamechanger sounds like it's going to be very interesting.
11:50 AM on 02/21/13
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
That was a good read. Interesting stuff.
11:56 AM on 02/21/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
That was the most insightful interview I've read in a while. Great job. It's really crazy to hear what went on behind the scenes and Gamechanger sounds like it's going to be very interesting.
I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for reading
11:59 AM on 02/21/13
btown4life
User Info.
Really good interview. It's sad that LN ruined Boozle last year, since it had the potential to really benefit the city of Asbury Park. Seeing Gaslight and Brand New open for Bon Jovi was one of the strangest things.
12:01 PM on 02/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
If he really wants to bring up new artists, John should stop the corruption that's going on with The Break Contest. I am a John D fan and he knows his shit but there are a lot of backroom deals going on with that contest.
12:04 PM on 02/21/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I did like his thoughts as to why raves are so much more popular and profitable than rock shows.

However, playing video games with band members can't cover up the disappointing S&S lineup this year.
12:23 PM on 02/21/13
esposimi
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45
User Info.
Great read
12:36 PM on 02/21/13
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
Great interview. I was with him until this line

Originally Posted by John D
Yet, Porter Robinson is going to come through with a backpack and rip off 4,000 kids

You would think that someone chasing the model that the EDM scene has created would have a different outlook. Oh well.
12:48 PM on 02/21/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
Quote:
Imagine if Angry Birds was a band. They could sell out stadiums right now. They would give Taylor Swift a run for her money. That’s what we need to do.

yeah, this Gamechangers business is going to be a trainwreck
01:04 PM on 02/21/13
themagicrat
Winnie Cooper is a goddamned whore
User Info.
Skate and Surf is going to be a disaster this year. I worked at the place where it's being hosted. It's not an "amusement park", not even close. Traffic will be horrendous, like Route 9 always is on weekends. I can't wait to watch this blow up in his face.
01:35 PM on 02/21/13
kskillzz
User Info.
Even though he gets a ton of hate, John D is a very interesting guy. It sucks that boozle went down so hard and he's not planning anything that big for the future, but I love how foward thinking he is. Tons of people talked shit on bamboozle for combining scene bands with pop acts, but like he said it was a really successful festival for 10 years. It'll be cool to see how his new ideas play out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos