Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Athletics Studio Session

Posted by: Jack Appleby (02/22/13)
Watch Athletics perform "The Cost Of Living" and "III" live from Quiet Country Audio in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24.
10:28 AM on 02/22/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.

10:45 AM on 02/22/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Love this band, wish they played closer.
10:51 AM on 02/22/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
:)))))
10:57 AM on 02/22/13
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Would love an Audiotree live session with these guys.
01:49 PM on 02/22/13
The Stiletto
Your heart's breakin mine to pieces
User Info.
This band is so amazing! Can't wait for new material...
06:02 PM on 02/22/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
love that sound! The bass is thick and I appreciate such accurate style in drumming, overally a good performance, a mix of things I like.. btw. their second vocalist doesn't sing too clean I suppose, but I like the emotion,.. even the first song here - The Cost of Living reminds me a little of a band I used to listen (Just Surrender, yeah totally different I know, but making comparisons to MovMou would be too easy), similliar voice and the rawness in it.
05:55 AM on 02/23/13
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
The singing is not great on any of the live vids ive seen so far...
09:16 AM on 02/23/13
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
User Info.
The singing is not great on any of the live vids ive seen so far...
I don't get this bands hype at all, mostly the bro pop-punk kids I know are into this, but the guys who listen to more refined stuff don't like it.

I guess someone in the band has some sort of relationship with AP, otherwise, the amount of coverage is weird.
12:01 PM on 02/23/13
JimmyBoyce
User Info.
Thanks to everyone who had kind words. Paul from Quiet Country Audio is a great dude who supports bands just trying to have fun and play music.
12:03 PM on 02/23/13
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
User Info.
Thanks to everyone who had kind words. Paul from Quiet Country Audio is a great dude who supports bands just trying to have fun and play music.
Hahhahaha. You found my old band's thread and wrote 'meh' on it. I'm sorry you're clearly upset about me not liking your band, move on, be a grown up.
01:24 PM on 02/23/13
lohnny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't get this bands hype at all, mostly the bro pop-punk kids I know are into this, but the guys who listen to more refined stuff don't like it.

I guess someone in the band has some sort of relationship with AP, otherwise, the amount of coverage is weird.
WRLD ART, so "bro pop-punk" kids have no credibility towards talented bands? And I'm assuming you must be one of those guys who "listens to more refined stuff"? If I may ask, what ways does this band lack refinement? Also "live vids" don't always do a performance justice. Have you ever seen Athletics live? If so maybe you could give them some pointers since you know guys that listen to more refined music.

PS. You're a weener, bro.

-Bro pop-punk kid
02:06 PM on 02/23/13
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
User Info.
WRLD ART, so "bro pop-punk" kids have no credibility towards talented bands? And I'm assuming you must be one of those guys who "listens to more refined stuff"? If I may ask, what ways does this band lack refinement? Also "live vids" don't always do a performance justice. Have you ever seen Athletics live? If so maybe you could give them some pointers since you know guys that listen to more refined music.

PS. You're a weener, bro.

-Bro pop-punk kid
You have one post. This is your one post.

I'm assuming you're a friend of the band. I have seen these guys live, not my cup of tea, not sure why they get so much exposure so that way every time they shit it gets covered, and only my bro pop-punk friends seem to be into them. I'm sure there are other people that are into them, but not that I associate with. The guys who listen to more refined stuff (as in, more stuff that is subtle, delicate, fine, or very much so put through a grinder so it's very bare, etc.), that I know just don't seem to like it. Kind of funny that you're getting so upset, I guess these guys really do get their assess kissed everywhere they go.

Sorry one dude on the internet doesn't like your band (could be a member, considering a member already messaged me), or your friends band. They should just ignore it and keep doing what they are doing because it's obviously working for them! I have friends who listen to this, but they are also bro pop-punk kids, could be a coincidence, could be just where the style of music they play fits. Either way, your response, and the member of the band's response just shows me even further that this band isn't my cup of tea. I play in a shitty band, we suck, we're just best buddies hangin' out smashing on shit, these guys would probably blow us out of the water at a show right now, doesn't mean I don't like it, and it doesn't mean that I don't have the right to wonder why they are constantly on this site.

Get over yourself.
02:15 PM on 02/23/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.

Haha, I actually completely disagree with this assessment. I definitely am on the more "refined" side of things, and appreciate technicality, and pretty much hate pop-punk. These guys play up to my TREOS tastes.

And I'm pretty sure none of the staffers know them. I heard of Athletics through a friend and feel in love with their latest album. Guitar player recently reached out to thank me for coverage, bit there's no pre-existing bond - I just enjoy the band.
02:19 PM on 02/23/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
You have one post. This is your one post.

I'm assuming you're a friend of the band. I have seen these guys live, not my cup of tea, not sure why they get so much exposure so that way every time they shit it gets covered, and only my bro pop-punk friends seem to be into them. I'm sure there are other people that are into them, but not that I associate with. The guys who listen to more refined stuff (as in, more stuff that is subtle, delicate, fine, or very much so put through a grinder so it's very bare, etc.), that I know just don't seem to like it. Kind of funny that you're getting so upset, I guess these guys really do get their assess kissed everywhere they go.

Sorry one dude on the internet doesn't like your band (could be a member, considering a member already messaged me), or your friends band. They should just ignore it and keep doing what they are doing because it's obviously working for them! I have friends who listen to this, but they are also bro pop-punk kids, could be a coincidence, could be just where the style of music they play fits. Either way, your response, and the member of the band's response just shows me even further that this band isn't my cup of tea. I play in a shitty band, we suck, we're just best buddies hangin' out smashing on shit, these guys would probably blow us out of the water at a show right now, doesn't mean I don't like it, and it doesn't mean that I don't have the right to wonder why they are constantly on this site.

Get over yourself.

Again, I'm not sure your perception of their fan base is accurate. My last few Albums Of The Year were bands like From Indian Lakes, The Felix Culpa, and Closure In Moscow, which I think puts me in the category you're suggesting wouldn't care for Athletics. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and to each their own.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS