03:12 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Saw this photo pop up on my FB feed from a deathcore band called I Declare War;

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=3&theater

I understand that we are all divided in beliefs and morals but I thought this would be a good discussion piece. As a Catholic, this was vile enough to make lose interest in the band in a matter of two seconds and even resorted to a couple angry comments on it. I know that of course there are surely many examples of worse merch but this popped out like a cheap attempt to offend people.

Personally, I can listen and even love bands/people who don't share the same beliefs as me (most of the time) but this is too far. It's a straight-up middle finger and extreme disrespect. Here are some of my comments I put up;

"it's not "just a shirt" and people have every reason to be upset and offended. It's basically saying to all us believers that we are wasting our life and how we feel is worthless. Yes, it's "just a piece of fabric" but the swastika was "just a design". Bottom line, it spreads hate which is not what this world needs."

Some foolish girl posted "People disrespect people that is what makes this country so great that I can not give a f*** about disrespecting anyone and that's okay" and to that I said "@kathia that's what makes this country such an ethnocentric, hateful, and arrogant place. Lol at "great""
04:11 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
mbarney82
Male - 21 Years Old
remember when it was "cool" to make band shirts as gross as possible. glad that got old fast. i mean hey if the shirt sells, they probably dont care who they offend. i think the keep calm and carry on shirts are dull anyway.
04:20 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
remember when it was "cool" to make band shirts as gross as possible. glad that got old fast. i mean hey if the shirt sells, they probably dont care who they offend. i think the keep calm and carry on shirts are dull anyway.

I agree. Even without this band's message the "keep calm" stuff is just a dumb idea that preppy little twats find humourous.
04:34 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
There's an economy in trolling, what do you know?
04:39 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
Singapore
Male - 23 Years Old
1) For the love of mobile users, you couldn't have linked the actual image itself?

2) That 'Keep Calm' shit is beaten to death by now

3) Shirt has a bad mix of typography

4) Okay it is kinda gratuitous but I guess it's how those bands are.
04:45 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
This is the worst merch I've ever seen.

I can't imagine anybody looking at a shirt like that and going, "yeah, looks nice".
04:49 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
Massachusetts
Male - 19 Years Old
Yeah, the shirt is tasteless, but, as you stated in your facebook post, it isn't like worse text has never been printed on to a shirt before. Maybe I've become numb to all of the silly, hateful things society does nowadays, but I just can't interprite this as anything more than the dumb idea attached to a gimmicky trend that it truly is (and not a code by which to live your life).
Also, I don't mean any offense (yet this is probably a pretty offensive thing to say); don't put your church (religion) on a pedestal and pretend that it isn't just as "hateful and arrogant" a place as Kathia's country supposedly is. Some of the messages that religion has preached are just as mean-spirited and without cause as the one on that dumb tank.
04:51 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
409, Texas
Male - 25 Years Old
I've seen a metal bands shirt that my friend has with Jesus sucking a dick saying "It's not gonna suck itself!" But who cares. If you're offended by a shirt, you're too easily offended.
05:24 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
This is the worst merch I've ever seen.

I can't imagine anybody looking at a shirt like that and going, "yeah, looks nice".
This one takes the cake

05:28 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
more heart
Get Hurt
Poughkeepsie, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
You must be new to the genre of metal.
06:32 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
07:15 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
that disgusting beard combined with smug look really sell that one.

good to know he'll never amount to anything. makes me feel better.
07:35 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
OdeToTheSun
Exit:Denied
Brandon, Flori-duh
Male - 23 Years Old
Well "piss on the cross" is in the lyrics to one of their songs. They have this other shirt that says "Eat Pussy, Chug Whiskey, Hail Satan" on the back of it that I think is pretty stupid though. Not that I don't think this is stupid too, but whatever. Kids will eat this shit up and they know it.
10:52 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
1) For the love of mobile users, you couldn't have linked the actual image itself?

2) That 'Keep Calm' shit is beaten to death by now

3) Shirt has a bad mix of typography

4) Okay it is kinda gratuitous but I guess it's how those bands are.

This is going to make me sound a total noob, but for the life of my I couldn't figure out how to post a FB so it'd show up, do you know how?
11:02 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah, the shirt is tasteless, but, as you stated in your facebook post, it isn't like worse text has never been printed on to a shirt before. Maybe I've become numb to all of the silly, hateful things society does nowadays, but I just can't interprite this as anything more than the dumb idea attached to a gimmicky trend that it truly is (and not a code by which to live your life).
Also, I don't mean any offense (yet this is probably a pretty offensive thing to say); don't put your church (religion) on a pedestal and pretend that it isn't just as "hateful and arrogant" a place as Kathia's country supposedly is. Some of the messages that religion has preached are just as mean-spirited and without cause as the one on that dumb tank.

I didn't mean to say anything of that nature, but you have a point. She seemed to be saying that "the US is so great" because you can "disrespect other people and not give a fuck" which is one of my own personal reasons why I'm not patriotic at all for the US. There are so many Americans that are so hyped up on their rights and freedoms that I find nauseating. No matter who you are or what you are legally able to do, it shouldn't be too much to ask for to just be a decent, respectful person. It also strikes me as horribly hyprocritical when you are berated over and over about stopping bullying and respecting diversity, yet people are lenient to let slams on Christianity slide. Yes, people attached to Christianity have done horrible things in the world's history but frankly you could say the same thing about every creed, race, and grouping out there.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos