Password

Album Review

Bad Suns - Cardiac Arrest - Single Album Cover

Bad Suns - Cardiac Arrest - Single

Reviewed by
Bad SunsCardiac Arrest - Single
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: February 22nd 2013
The internet can be a very interesting place when it comes to discovering music; on one hand, you can discover great bands and artists, but on the other, anyone with Garageband, and a dream of being famous, can put songs on YouTube, Facebook, or God forbid, MySpace (who still uses that? Be honest). While I’ve discovered such musical atrocities as Blood On The Dance Floor or Brokencyde, I’ve discovered other bands as well, and CA indie-rock band Bad Suns is one of them. This is the upside to finding music on the internet, because you can find awesome stuff, and Bad Suns is definitely a wonderful band. I don’t know how exactly I found them, but I know I had them liked on my Facebook page for awhile, and they finally released their first song officially, called “Cardiac Arrest.” They had it up for free for a little while, and I managed to snag a copy of it. I was very pleased with what I heard, because it was exactly the kind of indie-rock I really enjoy, so this song has been on repeat since I downloaded it last week. Basically, this band is very similar to a lot of newer bands I’ve been finding out about, such as Imagine Dragons, and Two Door Cinema Club to name a couple. How they are similar? Well, these bands are indie-rock, but do have indie-pop tendencies, meaning with electronic elements, and keyboards as well. They never become overbearing, but instead, add a new dimension to their sound, and to whatever song they’re using. This is the kind of band that I really enjoy, so listening to this song was a great surprise, and I absolutely enjoy it.

To sum up the song simply, it’s quite a straightforward indie-rock track with some indie-pop tendencies as I mentioned earlier in the review. It begins with a very catchy and “groovy” guitar riff then leads into some synths and very soothing vocals that seem to have an atmospheric quality to them. Their vocalist is quite wonderful, and actually has a voice that’s very fitting to the genre and the music itself. His voice kind of reminds me of Dan Reynolds who is the frontman of Imagine Dragons. Both vocalists have voices that “boom”, and have a really “epic” sound to them, for the lack of a better word. Lyrically, this song is quite enjoyable and very interesting; it likens kissing someone to going through cardiac arrest, which is the song’s title. The chorus is insanely catchy, and certainly could get stuck in your head if you’re not careful, or if you listen to the song enough. This song isn’t the most unique or thought-provoking track I’ve ever heard, but in all honesty, it’s very enjoyable. This band does have the perfect sound to make it within the plethora of indie bands that are achieving a lot of success today. This is the first song that the band has released as well, so I’m eagerly awaiting more from this band.

Recommended If You Like Imagine Dragons, Local Natives, Two Door Cinema Club, Atlas Genius, Youngblood Hawke, indie-rock with indie-pop elements, etc.

Additional Information
Track Listing:
1. Cardiac Arrest

Bad Suns is:
Chris Bowman
Miles Kottak
Gavin Bennett
Ray Libby

www.facebook.com/badsuns
This review is a user submitted review from justbradley. You can see all of justbradley's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version