Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
03:32 PM on 03/11/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Are all four bands doing Skate and Surf or just Palisades and Crown the Empire?
Pretty sure all of them are playing. There were no "stars" or anything saying the last two aren't playing.

If you haven't heard of Heartist, you should definitely check them out. They're signed by Roadrunner Records and they're touring with some big names. They're on the Enter Shikari tour right now. A week after that finishes, they're doing Europe with Killswitch. After that, they're on this tour. I expect nothing but big things for this band.
03:34 PM on 03/11/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Heartist are decent, the rest of this line up is awful. The 14 year olds will love it though.
You should see the comments on Heartist's Facebook page regarding this tour. All of their fans are saying how shitty this tour is and Heartist/Palisades should co headline their own tour. Maybe next year but this is a great exposure tour. Both "Crowns" are gaining a lot of steam in the scene right now so I'm expecting Heartist and Palisades to be picking up a few new fans.
08:42 AM on 03/12/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
It's strange how Heartist tours vary so much. Their current U.S tour is with, in my opinion, three great bands and their upcoming UK/Europe tour is with Killswitch and Sylosis (also two great bands). Then they go and do an awful tour like this. It's hard to tell if they want to be taken seriously or not.
It's just to gain new fans is all. It's a smart move on their part and Roadrunner. It's an early summer tour so there's time to play a few Warped dates or anything for that matter, the Crowns are two of the bigger bands in the new scene and this will definitely help give them exposure and this whole tour is playing Skate and Surf so more money and a chance to play in front of more people. The way the tour ends, before June, means they might be playing Mayhem or All Stars (thinking the latter).
10:08 AM on 03/12/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
What I mean is that, the killswitch/sylosis tour and signing to roadrunner as opposed to one of the scenecore labels suggest that they want to be taken seriously. All this tour is going to do is gain them some 14 year old scene kid fans and lose them a lot of potential respect.

In this day and age, you have to keep touring to get exposure. I don't think people will look down on them for this tour. Look at the RR signees. Nickelback, Slipkont, Stone Sour, Lynard Skynard lol. Heartist really doesn't fit in those markets. I can see them opening for Stone Sour but that's it. I think they're going the Escape the Fate route and getting the hard rock/metal market as well as the scene. Can't put all your eggs in one basket.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests