Username
Password

05:47 PM on 03/11/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 26 Years Old
My dentist said he would do Invisalign on me and has alot of other Invisalign clients, but I went to an ortho and they won't do it for my case. They did get into my head though and I think I might have to get stupid braces with them. I just know it makes sense to trust an expert.

I'm about to be 26, and I'm paying extra for these invisible ones that to me are not invisible. OH and it costs the same, so I'm not even saving anything by going traditional!

I'm upset. Make me feel better.
07:19 PM on 03/11/13 
User Info.
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
Niagara Falls, ON
Male
Bummer that you have to get them at this stage in your life, but they really aren't THAT bad. Just think about how great your smile will look after! I had them for over 3 years, and knew it was worth it the second I saw my smile in that mirror. In my opinion, the extra money for the invisible ones is a good idea if you're concerned about how you look. That being said, it's not as drastic of a change to other people as it is to you. Honestly, you'll look back on it as one of the best decisions you've made.
07:23 PM on 03/11/13 
User Info.
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
Arizona
Male - 22 Years Old
You'll be beautiful with classy teeth once it's all over.
11:36 PM on 03/11/13 
User Info.
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
Everett, Washington
Male - 21 Years Old
for how long? years go by faster the older I get, so if you're 25 it should go by quick haha. I had mine on for just 1.5 years, got them off at 18. I barely needed them but my teeth look so much better
02:25 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
Ugh braces. I had an awful experience. I mainly got the braces because my dentist said it could help with my jaw problems and my overbite, which they didn't. I couldn't wear my retainer because it exacerbated my jaw problems and caused me an insane amount of unbearable pain, and my ortho brushed off my complaints. The teeth moved back, and idc, really. I hate my overbite, but the braces didn't help it anyway. I can live with the rest.

I hope your experience will be better. You will find it worth it in the end, I'm sure. I wanted mine off super fast because I had prom coming up, and I totally regret not leaving them on longer. Wish I hadn't been so vain. After you get through it you will be glad you did.
05:23 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
introduction
You're not real musician!
Sydney
Male - 21 Years Old
I feel you, I've been to see several orthodontists and they're all telling me I need braces if I want to avoid future problems. The worst part is, my teeth already look fine, the problem is that they won't in 10 years apparently. Don't quite know what to do. I don't even have the option of any clear braces, I'll be walking around with the shiny metal traps and elastic in my mouth for 3 years if I do it, and I'll be 23 or 24. Dreading have to make a decision on this.
06:25 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
obstracted
i listen to awesome music
Look at it this way... You're opening yourself up to a whole world of fetishists who may not have noticed you before. Accessorize with pigtails?
07:19 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
xCoconutheadx
Perfectly Imperfect
United States
Female - 20 Years Old
Ugh braces. I had an awful experience. I mainly got the braces because my dentist said it could help with my jaw problems and my overbite, which they didn't. I couldn't wear my retainer because it exacerbated my jaw problems and caused me an insane amount of unbearable pain, and my ortho brushed off my complaints. The teeth moved back, and idc, really. I hate my overbite, but the braces didn't help it anyway. I can live with the rest.

I hope your experience will be better. You will find it worth it in the end, I'm sure. I wanted mine off super fast because I had prom coming up, and I totally regret not leaving them on longer. Wish I hadn't been so vain. After you get through it you will be glad you did.

I have jaw problems and never went to the desntist for it. I always had fear over what theyd do. Now I dont have much choice with 4 cavities.
07:25 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
It should be worth it. Are your teeth bad?
07:47 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
Nice Teeth > Crooked Teeth.

Stop complaining. In the end it'll be worth it.
08:41 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Suicide is probably the option at this point
08:42 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
xCoconutheadx
Perfectly Imperfect
United States
Female - 20 Years Old
Suicide is probably the option at this point

wow very mature.
09:11 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old

You're obviously new here
10:48 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
Tom Cruise got braces at 40...
11:08 AM on 03/12/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Like others have said, it's worth it in the end. I've had a slew of mouth prodecures;
*braces
*hyrax (device that requires daily key turning to widen you bite - it sucked)
*cavity filling
*sealants
*retainer
*a hydraulic-like device in which my mouth's movement was constricted to large bars on both sides of my mouth
*molar removals
*whitening
*and having my incisor removed that was growing in on the other side of my gums and having an implant drilled into my jaw
.......you're getting off easy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version