Username
Password
Blog News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blog
Inside AP.net

Henry Rollins' Take on the Steubenville Verdict

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/18/13)
Henry Rollins shared his thoughts on the verdict in the Steubenville rape case.

Submitted by CallMeTroy

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
08:14 AM on 03/18/13
mbarney82
User Info.
one of the most well spoken musicians. would love to hear him speak in person.
08:27 AM on 03/18/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Well said. I've been so sickened by the handling of this case and the way to general public seems so willing to place the blame on the victim and sympathize with the rapists that I haven't been able to form a lot of coherent thoughts on the matter. It's incredibly hard to watch a case like this unfold, all while being told that rape culture isn't real. I really have nothing more to say than that. We live in a world where these monsters get away with a slap on the wrist and are talked about as "good students" with "bright futures", and the victim is demonized as a drunken slut, even though she was heavily drugged. This is what feminists are talking about when we say it is still time for change.
08:32 AM on 03/18/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Well said. I've been so sickened by the handling of this case and the way to general public seems so willing to place the blame on the victim and sympathize with the rapists that I haven't been able to form a lot of coherent thoughts on the matter. It's incredibly hard to watch a case like this unfold, all while being told that rape culture isn't real. I really have nothing more to say than that. We live in a world where these monsters get away with a slap on the wrist and are talked about as "good students" with "bright futures", and the victim is demonized as a drunken slut, even though she was heavily drugged. This is what feminists are talking about when we say it is still time for change.
It's so disgusting. Seeing news commentators focusing their comments on how things have turned out so bad for the "promising football stars" is just awful.
08:33 AM on 03/18/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
well put
08:45 AM on 03/18/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Worth reading.

08:45 AM on 03/18/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man is an inspiration, so articulate.
08:57 AM on 03/18/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
It's so disgusting. Seeing news commentators focusing their comments on how things have turned out so bad for the "promising football stars" is just awful.

It's absolutely ridiculous how society puts these guys on pedestals just because they're good at sports. It happens at every high school and it's one of the main things that absolutely has to change if we're ever going to move forward. I saw firsthand how the "star" hockey players treated girls at my school and it still makes me feel angry when I think about it.
09:03 AM on 03/18/13
ECarp
User Info.
Truly an excellent read.
09:28 AM on 03/18/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Quote:
I have yet to say anything about the damage done to the young woman involved. It is ironic and sad that the person who is going to do a life sentence is her.

amazing line.

he makes a great point about being sorry for oneself rather than for what one has done. these boys only regret what they've done because they got caught and will be punished for it.
09:34 AM on 03/18/13
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
incredibly well written. something needs to change, because this case is disgusting on so many levels.
10:44 AM on 03/18/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
This case is so sad. Such a huge coverup for the rape of a poor girl. I agree with Rollins, the fault definitely doesn't just fall on the boys, but the local police, teachers, and PARENTS, the entire disgusting self-proclaimed "rape crew". I think it's time to dig up the cover up, and put THEM behind bars. No amount of jail time could ever erase the brainwash that they put these kids through.

But on the other hand, I don't really have sympathy for these kids if they don't realize what they've done is wrong. After one of the kids apologies was basically: "I would truly like to apologize to ****, her family, my family and the community. No pictures should have been sent around, let alone been taken. That's all, sir. Thank you." That's it? Basically, I am sorry that I was caught. Fuck you, you dick.

Also the media should re-learn what rape culture is, and not to blame the fucking victim. The lesson isn't, "cautionary tale, and a warning not to put incriminating videos on social media." But how about, don't rape people.
11:22 AM on 03/18/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Maybe it's because of the media I patronize and the people I associate with, but as an Ohio native I haven't really been exposed to anybody defending the rapists in this case.
11:27 AM on 03/18/13
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
Always like reading what Henry has to say. I've been completely in the dark about this until recently though. This is sad.
11:30 AM on 03/18/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Very well-said. Love me some Rollins.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music