|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Interview with Alana Anderson, drummer for The Pinz
1. How did you get your band name?
From the book A Clockwork Orange.
2. How did this band get started?
In science class. Where all bands start. Walter Jerk noticed Leon Black, the original drummer, had drumsticks in his pocket, so he asked him if he wanted to start a band.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Clash, The Jam, Oasis, The Who
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Motley Crüe, because they are my favorite band of all time and put on an amazing live show.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Cool Ranch Doritos.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we will rock your world.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Any NFL football player. Probably Cam Newton.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Make it to where artist could actually make money off their music. Destroy the music side of the Internet.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Seeing a 15 foot squirrel statue in Texas on the way to SXSW in 2012. Almost crashing to get to it.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Music discovery and discussion.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Feel Tough. I love that song. It's the most fun to play.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere in the Caribbean. Mainly the Bahamas.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Queen's Greatest Hits album. My mom played it on blast everyday in our living room and we would dance with my dog.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To be invisible. I could walk around with clothes on and people would think the clothes were floating.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Make sure you have the set. Always make sure you have the set.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I used to have THE WORST stage fright EVER.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I don't listen to the radio that much. They never play anything I like, but I think if The Pinz played on the radio we would give it life again.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sleep. Nap. Shop.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can fit my fist in my mouth.
More From This Author