It's the name of (our bassist) Jon’s high school PE teacher that he and all his buddies wanted to get with.
2. How did this band get started?
Josh met Brett. They made music. Josh convinced Jon to move to Nashville. They made more music. I met the three of them at a local rock show. We made some more music. I knew Jeremy from TX and asked him to join us. We made an EP. Here we are.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Beatles, Foo Fighters, Bjork, Metallica, The Ramones. I’m all over the map.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Present - Foo Fighters because we are all fans and they are just a great all around band. Past - The Beatles. Does there need to be a why?
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Penny's Noodles in Chicago
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we have a very eclectic group of guys so the music has elements of different styles so hopefully we appeal to a wide range of people.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'm way too lazy to be an athlete. I guess one that's retired and rich. Michael Jordan maybe. He was an athlete right?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My parents, for putting up with my sh*t for all these years.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I actually don't think it's heading in a bad direction. Only the strong will survive in the industry as it is. I'm okay with that. If there were anything at all I would change, it would be to find a way to get people to pay for music again.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Meeting Slash, Duff McKagan, and Perry Farrell.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Diversity. I see everything from Lynyrd Skynyrd to Rise Against mentioned on the site.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Right now it would be a new song called "By A Thread"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Black Sabbath and Kiss
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to read minds so I could steal the next Foo Fighters album from Dave Grohl.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I've been at this for a while. No superstitions. As long as I take a good pre-show piss, all is well.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I love broccoli. I really do.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? What is the radio?
Haha. I'm not sure any band can flourish at radio anymore. It is meant for an elite few.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang with my girlfriend and 3 pit bulls.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can do an amazing "Who" impression (as in Whoville Who). If you ever see me, ask me to do it for ya. It'll blow your f*ckin' mind!