philbylink
the shower's in the toilet
User Info.
my mom is stoked
12:25 PM on 03/20/13
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
Looks like I'm going to Charlotte for a concert...again. Oh well. I still have sweet, sweet nostalgic love for Yourself or Someone Like You.
12:33 PM on 03/20/13
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
I think the MB20 club tour did really well so, packaged together, shouldn't be bad. Question for you since you work in the ticketing agencies. Can the sheds still do like 6-7k a show and break even? Most acts that play there, it seems they can't fill up the 18-20k spaces.
it depends on the act and what their 'guarantee' is. Obviously an act isn't being booked (ideally) at a venue where a break even can't occur, but obviously it's business and it doesn't always happen. But that relationship between what an artist charges and what the threshold is to break even varies from show to show.
12:33 PM on 03/20/13
gold soundz
User Info.
Both bands are worth a ton of people, especially in the summer. Goo goo dolls are still killer live and play old material. It's insane to think they toured with the replacements and played shows with the ramones.
12:49 PM on 03/20/13
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Haven't checked the ticket prices yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that they have the 4-pack lawn seats like they do for most summer concerts in NJ.
01:25 PM on 03/20/13
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
Playing in Cincy two weeks after mine and my girlfriends' birthday. Slow and soft and straight down the middle, thank you very much!
I won't be able to make it to the Cinci show, so I am def doing Indy. I bought Yourself Or Someone Like You when I was 11 years old. Holy god.
02:09 PM on 03/20/13
Djentleman
User Info.
never got to see any of these bands in their 90's prime. see you in Concord
02:32 PM on 03/20/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I felt a rumble in my fanny pack, turns out my friend paged me to tell me about this. Tight!
02:52 PM on 03/20/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZYi_qgD5cg&feature=youtube _gdata_player
02:52 PM on 03/20/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.

I love you.
04:25 PM on 03/20/13
ALineInYourBook
I'm never coming down.
User Info.
Is this some kind of weird, accidental repost from 1999?
04:37 PM on 03/20/13
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
05:02 PM on 03/20/13
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
User Info.
Tickets aren't that bad. Orchestra tickets for the venue by me (PNC Bank Arts Center) are 60, mid level is 40 and lawn is around 20. Now, compare that with Victoria Justice who's most expensive ticket is around 120 dollars and this tour is priced just right. Matchbox Twenty did a good sized room about 20 minutes from me 2 weeks ago. Most expensive ticket was 95 dollars. They sold out back to back dates. I mean both bands are still very popular in the adult contemporary genre. This will be a successful tour..I can pretty much guarantee that.

Where do you see PNC prices posted? I'm looking at either going to the PNC or Wantagh date.
06:09 PM on 03/20/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
at 60/40/20, they'll be fine. My original statement was based on the assumption that top price tier tickets would be 100+, which it seems every major artist thinks they can charge these days.
there's too much competition for dollars this summer. So many tours hitting sheds. I'm guessing they'll fill about 60-70% each night.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos