HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Both of them are bad, bad bands.
12:14 PM on 03/22/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
He's in a 5k person lot. Not Boozle that saw like 50k every year. Even if he had a bunch of small bands that couldn't sell, the headliners he has now are enough to sell the festival out. Why it's not sold out..well that's the million dollar question. Fall Out Boy sold out NYC's Terminal 5 twice in like 5 minutes. That's 6 thousand tickets right there. A Day to Remember sold out most of their northeast dates on their current tour. The NYC venue they're playing at (Best Buy Theater) holds 2100. That was the first of their shows to sell out. Now you throw in Macklemore who has the number 1 song in the nation, Paramore is heavily rumored for day 1 and NFG (also heavily rumored after canceling the Canada show they had on the same day) and you SHOULD have yourself a sold out 2 days.

1) Paramore are performing in Maryland on Day one and South Carolina the Monday after S&S. That pretty much rules them out of the festival.

2) Most of the Bamboozle crowd either don't care about or have never heard of Macklemore.

3)ADTR and FOB touring might kill any huge draw they would get from outside the NJ/NYC area for the festival.

4) Apparently the parking lot can fit around 10,000 people.

5) The ticket prices have scared some people off.
12:45 PM on 03/22/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
1) Paramore are performing in Maryland on Day one and South Carolina the Monday after S&S. That pretty much rules them out of the festival.

2) Most of the Bamboozle crowd either don't care about or have never heard of Macklemore.

3)ADTR and FOB touring might kill any huge draw they would get from outside the NJ/NYC area for the festival.

4) Apparently the parking lot can fit around 10,000 people.

5) The ticket prices have scared some people off.
1) Nevermind that.

2) They would go just to see that one song. It'll be just like Wiz Khalifa at Boozle 2010 when Black and Yellow came out.

3) That might be true but if you're not into the openers on their tour and really want to see another few bands on this bill, one would drop the 50 something dollars for this compared to the 40 something if the tour is near them.

4) This one I'm not sure of. I believe I read an interview saying it was approximately 5k people a day. 10 sounds awesome but there's only 4 outdoor stages and the one inside the place. Not sure how much room there actually is in this lot.

5) I agree 110%. I think John D is a great organizer and promoter but no other festival makes you work to find out what the lineup is. If you want to have the secret/special guests be a mystery until the day comes, that's great. This lineup isn't worth the cash yet. I took a chance getting the tickets at Christmas and was sort of rewarded by upgrading me to VIP for free. 50 dollars does sound good for Sunday's lineup though. Saturday is a disaster minus a few bands.
02:06 PM on 03/22/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's in a 5k person lot. Not Boozle that saw like 50k every year. Even if he had a bunch of small bands that couldn't sell, the headliners he has now are enough to sell the festival out. Why it's not sold out..well that's the million dollar question. Fall Out Boy sold out NYC's Terminal 5 twice in like 5 minutes. That's 6 thousand tickets right there. A Day to Remember sold out most of their northeast dates on their current tour. The NYC venue they're playing at (Best Buy Theater) holds 2100. That was the first of their shows to sell out. Now you throw in Macklemore who has the number 1 song in the nation, Paramore is heavily rumored for day 1 and NFG (also heavily rumored after canceling the Canada show they had on the same day) and you SHOULD have yourself a sold out 2 days.
First, where so you get the 5,000 number?

Second... What exactly is your point? That you don't think enough tickets have been sold yet? Have you gotten inside access and counted the ticket sales so far? In any case, having a bunch of 2002 nostalgia acts that haven't been relevant in 10 years sure as hell will sell way, way fewer tickets
03:41 PM on 03/22/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
First, where so you get the 5,000 number?

Second... What exactly is your point? That you don't think enough tickets have been sold yet? Have you gotten inside access and counted the ticket sales so far? In any case, having a bunch of 2002 nostalgia acts that haven't been relevant in 10 years sure as hell will sell way, way fewer tickets
Read #4 on the post before yours.

My point is, he doesn't need useless scene bands to sell a festival. He has some great headliners. The people will come to see just them. How many people would come in JUST to see Breathe Carolina? 20? Now how many would come just to see Hidden in Plain View or even Midtown? Probably more than just 20. People will come around the country to see any of those bands just based on the nostalgia factor.
04:02 PM on 03/22/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Read #4 on the post before yours.

My point is, he doesn't need useless scene bands to sell a festival. He has some great headliners. The people will come to see just them. How many people would come in JUST to see Breathe Carolina? 20? Now how many would come just to see Hidden in Plain View or even Midtown? Probably more than just 20. People will come around the country to see any of those bands just based on the nostalgia factor.
Lol.

Sorry dude, you seem to grossly underestimate how big bands like Breathe Carolina are.

Midtown wouldn't do it anyway, so wishing for something that won't happen is silly. Ill bet you they wouldn't draw that much, really, unless they pull in a crossover from Cobra fans.
05:01 PM on 03/22/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Lol.

Sorry dude, you seem to grossly underestimate how big bands like Breathe Carolina are.

Midtown wouldn't do it anyway, so wishing for something that won't happen is silly. Ill bet you they wouldn't draw that much, really, unless they pull in a crossover from Cobra fans.

I'm pretty sure people would fly in from other states for a one time only Midtown reunion.
07:23 PM on 03/22/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pretty sure people would fly in from other states for a one time only Midtown reunion.
I'm pretty sure AP holds these bands on a much higher level... Fact is, Midtown has been almost forgotten about outside of the nostalgia factor and kids who listened to them 10 years ago. A one date midtown reunion would do well, but it wouldn't outdo the draws of all of the bigger acts on this show, and you're just nieve if you think otherwise...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests