Ki is a Sumerian Goddess of Earth back in ancient mythology. 'Death By Mother Earth' sounded like too much of a mouthful, so 'Death By Ki' it was!
2. How did this band get started?
Me (Josh - guitar and vocals) and Nicky C (drums) used to jam back in our school days playing various thrash covers and we were later joined by Will on the bass. We spent our college years developing our sound and writing our own songs until a couple of years ago we were completed by guitarist, Chris. Since then we've been writing, recording and gigging as well as making a music video and it's just all kicked off since then.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We've been influenced by many bands. The big four (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer) were a major influence when we were starting up. But as we've gone along we've integrated other acts to add a more modern, hard-edged twist. Bands such as Trivium, As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God to name but a few.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
It would be awesome to tour with Pantera. I'm sure Dimebag could've drank us all under the table! Of course it would be cool to tour with Metallica on the ...And Justice for All tour. Nowadays it would be awesome to tour with bands like Trivium or Lamb of God.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Fast food is way too easy in those situations but it messes you up!
[b]6. Why should people listen to your band?
We have riffs, we have choruses and we have drops. If you like old skool metal I think you'll like us, but if you are more into your modern metal, well we've got that sorted too.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Is Wolverine an Athlete? He's pretty metal!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
There have been way too many people that have helped us a long the way. If I name people I won't be able to stop! So I'm just gonna say thanks to you there, reading this!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
10. Memorable tour experience?
We played a very drunken show in the Czech Republic which ended with us having a food fight in a nearby 24 hour Tescos at like 2 in the morning and racing in those funny little yellow and red kids cars down the aisles!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
We're not Punk in the strongest sense of the word but everything about our genre derives from those early punk bands. We're glad that so many different bands can now count towards that term thanks to its roots!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
The Right Of Might is mine and Nicky C's song of choice, where as Will favours Like Oxygen To Fire and Chris like the thrashiest of our tunes, Lights Out.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Download Festival on a sunny year is like Heaven!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Queen, AC/DC and Nirvana all bring back memories!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
If you could fly and breathe in space that'd be a pretty cool combination! Gigging on Mars!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I find it a lot harder to get into gig mode without skinny jeans and brute vests!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
As soon as we all get drunk together we seem to become excellent at doing vocal renditions of Seal songs. Kiss From A Rose became our off-stage anthem during our tour in Czech!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Although metal has had mainstream airplay, I think our genre is ultimately the underdog. But that's how we all like it! Metallers complain about pop on the radio but i'm pretty sure if it became completely mainstream we'd all have something to say!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Going to see bands we love and all chilling and socialising.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can actually breathe in space, Willie invented the internet, Chris can manipulate his height and Nicky C has seven nipples!