Password
City and Colour News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32.
11:28 AM on 04/08/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
kinda bummed the NYC date is outdoors.
It's a great venue. Saw Ben Folds Five at Rumsey last year and it was awesome.
11:36 AM on 04/08/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I've been meaning to get into this band but haven't yet what cd should I start on?

Definitely wouldn't start with Little Hell. Going in order of their releases, you hear his progression and growth as an artist both instrumentally and emotionally. He is one of my favorite and most inspirational musicians of all time, and I highly recommend finding even all of the one off tracks he's done.
11:53 AM on 04/08/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been meaning to get into this band but haven't yet what cd should I start on?
I'd start at Sometimes (his first full length) to get familiar with he voice doing City and Colour. Bring Me Your Love is a good middle ground between his acoustic and additional instrumentation though if that's what your looking for.
12:08 PM on 04/08/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I will 100% be attending that last show! Last time I saw him was on a Friday too.
12:10 PM on 04/08/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Also, has he always been this popular? I know he just opened for Pink, but these are relatively large venues, no? Good for him though!
12:22 PM on 04/08/13
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
Probably the best Monday I've had in months. Perfect weather, new fall out boy album streaming, Louisville plays for a national championship tonight, and there is a tour date coming here.
12:24 PM on 04/08/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Also, has he always been this popular? I know he just opened for Pink, but these are relatively large venues, no? Good for him though!

I can't speak as much for the US, but in Canada he's pretty popular. Last February he sold out a venue that holds 2000 within a few days and I'm sure he would have played a bigger place if Winnipeg had better options. Alexisonfire haven't been able to pull that off since 2007.
12:32 PM on 04/08/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
It will be weird to see him headline in a venue as large as the electric factory. I think he can do it but it will feel a little weird. I will most likely go though because he always puts on the best shows!
01:17 PM on 04/08/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
Equally distance to Charlotte and Asheville to me. Maybe 2 shows? If not, Asheville it is.
01:42 PM on 04/08/13
BIGSALE
i hide behind these ribs of mine
User Info.
It's a long time away, but ill be at that first ave show
I hope to be there as well
01:59 PM on 04/08/13
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
damn i hate the orpheum
02:23 PM on 04/08/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
He's huge in Detroit too. He sold out The Fillmore in '11 and then decided to play a second show the night after.
02:28 PM on 04/08/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Rats, he's touring Europe when I'm in Chicago and Chicago when I'm in Europe. I guess I get to look forward to seeing all of the fall tours I'll miss a bit earlier than I expected.
03:15 PM on 04/08/13
Dirge07
...coitus?
User Info.
Man, talk about a tour. Stoked!
06:42 PM on 04/08/13
Djentleman
User Info.
wish i saw him live during his first 2 albums' tour cycles. not a fan of his newer full band stuff
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums