Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 19 of 19.
09:18 AM on 04/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Really well written review. I kind of miss the more Laurel Canyon sound from the last two records, but I'm sure this is going to grow on me. Such a great band. And I can't think of many people writing better songs today than Taylor Goldsmith.

I think Laurel Canyon is still in there, just not quite as obvious as it was before.

I don't think I've listened to their older stuff; reason I listened is that a friend of mine told me on FB they're going to their concert this summer, so I decided to give this a listen. Will check out their older stuff tomorrow

Well they've always had a big folk influence, so I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Thanks Craig. I've been a huge Dawes fan for years and anxiously awaited my vinyl pre order to come before sitting down with the lyrics and the record even though it's been streaming for a week now. It was worth the wait. Way to capture the essence of a great album. I think my favorite song thus far, (after "Most People" of course) is "Just My Luck". The piano part on that song is fantastic! Thanks.

My favorite song has switched like five or six times. At this point, I really just love everything. Least favorite is probably "Side Effects," but it's still a great song.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests