Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

10:43 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I've tried all three recently and the city is EASILY the one I have enjoyed the most
10:45 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
i've only really ever lived in the suburbs my entire life. i imagine i'd like city living the most, if it were the right city.
10:49 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
i've only really ever lived in the suburbs my entire life. i imagine i'd like city living the most, if it were the right city.

to me the right city still feels like a close-knit community. I don't think I could live in a place like New York and feel totally comfortable. But some cities have very specific neighborhoods and that helps them appeal to people who have only lived in the suburbs
10:59 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Neo Cassady
Let's go exploring!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Either the city or the country. I grew up in the suburbs and (like any suburban kid) thought it was lame. Then I moved to just outside of a small town and it was pretty great. Now I'm back in the suburbs. A lot of people like them because they're a mix of city and country, but to me they encompass a lot of the negative aspects of each. If I have to deal with having neighbors who can see and hear my every move, I better be able to walk/bike to everything. Otherwise I want space to breathe.
11:01 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Either the city or the country. I grew up in the suburbs and (like any suburban kid) thought it was lame. Then I moved to just outside of a small town and it was pretty great. Now I'm back in the suburbs. A lot of people like them because they're a mix of city and country, but to me they encompass a lot of the negative aspects of each. If I have to deal with having neighbors who can see and hear my every move, I better be able to walk/bike to everything. Otherwise I want space to breathe.

absolutely agree

in the city people are more tolerant of noise anyway. neighbors were a lot more whiney about noise in the suburbs. here you have traffic noise to kind of drown each other out
11:03 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
MADSTA
~
Halifax
Female - 24 Years Old
Suburbs blow. I enjoy living in the city about 100% more. Never did the country, but I can't imagine I'd like it for very long.
11:06 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
KidRobot
Redemption.
NEW JERSEY
Male - 24 Years Old
Can't possibly decide.

Only really lived suburbs but enjoy snowboarding/hiking/whatever in the country as much as living in the city.

Basically anyone without kids is gonna say city though.
11:08 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
OH/NYC
Male - 20 Years Old
I had experiences in growing up in all three locations. Definitely city/country. Fuck the suburbs. Country and city life have a nice dynamic.
11:13 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
if you appreciate nature, country life is amazing at least in small doses. was so refreshing to go from a jam packed Washington D.C. metro area to that. it was awesome that if I ever wanted to see animals or a lot of nature, I didn't have to rely on the National Geographic Channel, I could just walk outside for a few minutes
11:13 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
S. Carolina
Female - 25 Years Old
I love the 'burbs. I could deal with city living depending on the city.
11:56 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Registered Fuckboy
I choose city life because it probably has the most advantages, but when I go out to the country to visit my relatives I realize how much I love all the open space and the freedom that comes with it. You can ride ATV's and dirt bikes, shoot shotguns, play with the dogs, all right in your own backyard and nobody's gonna say a word about it. I'm not sure it's worth the drawbacks, but I can see why some people love it so much.

As a young single person, suburban living has virtually no appeal, but I can see why you'd want to move there once you get married and start having kids. It makes sense on a certain level. I guess a lot of the answer just depends on where you are in your life.
12:02 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
darling I love you but give me Park Avenue
12:18 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
City, undoubtedly.
12:50 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
I guess I live in the ~country. I'm about fourish hours from Portland, and I'm not a fan of the country. I don't mind the boring factor, I just hate that I have to travel so far for shows or picking someone up from the airport. Also public transport sucks. I like cities that aren't giant major ones, but have enough to do. I've never lived in a suburb.

I'd like to live in a beach/coastal town someday
02:47 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
Jake Denning
Corvallis, OR
Male - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
I live in a college city, but eventually I'd like to move to somewhere more rural.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos