none of this is for serious
guys with kids hello
12:38 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old
The other problem is that shows go on WAY too long. Shows like the Office or Sunny have 9+ seasons and are rarely good for that long, but people (myself included) feel the need to continue watching them season after season.

If shows would only air for 4-5 season MAX, then it would be a lot easier to pick up new shows

Some, like the Office, Sunny and I will add HIMYM defintely do and long time fans feel obligated to see how it ends. But if the quality is still high I think they should keep going.
12:40 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Recent seasons of Sunny have been as good as ever
12:57 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
No such thing as too much. IMO, there isn't any "good" shows on network TV, like FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC. My favorite shows are either on FX, AMC, Shotime, or HBO, with the exception for some oddballs out there.

Most of the time shows don't overlap, especially if they're really big contenders, so it's not like I'm torn on what to watch on Sunday nights or something. Besides, with the DVR, it's not hard to keep up with everything.

Two things have lead you to believe the first half of your post. Either you haven't watched any cable television or you don't have good taste.
01:55 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
I still have half of the latest Walking Dead season to catch up on and that was the only show I was able to watch on tv for the past year. I just don't have the time to try something new.
02:18 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
If you fiend for TV like an addict, a surplus of quality product can become a time management issue. If you can use it recreationally in a responsible fashion, it seems like an absurd "problem" to have.
03:52 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
somehow I've always been extremely organized and selective regarding what shows I want to watch, so the more good shows, the merrier. And besides, if I try to watch a show and it disappoints me I just move on to the next show. apart from The Walking Dead, which I had to watch until the end. but I'll never watch that crap again. jesus. what a shitty ending. every time I start thinking about it it pisses me off.
03:55 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
No such thing as too much. IMO, there isn't any "good" shows on network TV, like FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC. My favorite shows are either on FX, AMC, Shotime, or HBO, with the exception for some oddballs out there.

Most of the time shows don't overlap, especially if they're really big contenders, so it's not like I'm torn on what to watch on Sunday nights or something. Besides, with the DVR, it's not hard to keep up with everything.

what
08:50 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
I realize I watch more TV than I ever have in my lifetime, especially if you include sports broadcasts. TV has been better than it has ever been. But I was trying to figure out how I have been able to budget all of this time to see all my favorite shows, because I'm not one of those people never has a social life or anything. And then I realized I just don't watch nearly as many movies as I used to. I still love watching feature films, but television has frankly gotten better than movies have.

There're of course exceptions with some of the best movies recently, but shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Shameless, The Walking Dead, Happy Endings, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, Flight Of The Conchords, Chuck, Community, Parks & Rec, It's Always Sunny, Louis, HIMYM, New Girl, Glee, The Big C, The Office, and Parenthood have been some of the best things I've seen. Certainly, not all of you will agree will all of the shows I just listed, but whatever. I like when stories can be explored, not just crammed into a two hour block.
08:58 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
TJ Wells
goodbye sadness
Portland, OR
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't watch as much TV as I'd like to, mainly because I don't have enough time. There's lots of shows that I've been meaning to watch or would like to check out, but I already have too much on my plate.

I've dropped a few shows (after much internal debate) in order to pick up new shows and it always kills me.
I want to live with you guys. My roommates are boring.
09:05 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
mrgenious
the sugary smell of spring time
Missouri
Male - 22 Years Old
I realize I watch more TV than I ever have in my lifetime, especially if you include sports broadcasts. TV has been better than it has ever been. But I was trying to figure out how I have been able to budget all of this time to see all my favorite shows, because I'm not one of those people never has a social life or anything. And then I realized I just don't watch nearly as many movies as I used to. I still love watching feature films, but television has frankly gotten better than movies have.

There're of course exceptions with some of the best movies recently, but shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Shameless, The Walking Dead, Happy Endings, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, Flight Of The Conchords, Chuck, Community, Parks & Rec, It's Always Sunny, Louis, HIMYM, New Girl, Glee, The Big C, The Office, and Parenthood have been some of the best things I've seen. I like when stories can be explored, not just crammed into a two hour block.
this is how I feel. good tv is better than good movies.
10:06 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Of course it's self-centered, Spo. There is nothing more personal than a person's relationship to art.
07:11 AM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I want to live with you guys. My roommates are boring.

Haha. Yea. I feel like there's lots of people on this site that would be lots of fun to hang out with and just watch TV, listen to podcasts, etc...

The friends I have in real life have less in common with me than most of the people I talk to on this site.

I live with my girlfriend though, and luckily she doesn't really have any shows that she wants to watch, but she doesn't always want to watch the 1000 shows that I want to, so I have to find time when she's at work or something to fit in some shows... but she likes enough of the stuff I do so it works out
07:14 AM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Recent seasons of Sunny have been as good as ever

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed watching Sunny for all 8 seasons and will happily watch it until it goes off the air... but I think a lot of shows should just move on after a few seasons.

Of course, I don't want to see my favorite shows disappear after 3 seasons, but some shows just go on way too long weather or not they can keep up the quality
07:21 AM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Of course it's self-centered, Spo. There is nothing more personal than a person's relationship to art.
Then replace it with dumb!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version