Username
Password

09:43 AM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Hey, I'm hoping to study abroad at Kansas state next year and my application is due in pretty soon. However I'm having a nightmare choosing my classes. I have to pick my classes and make sure they don't clash myself (something we don't have to do in the UK). Anyway I can't make sense of the goddamn schedule site for Kansas State.

The schedule for geography is here:
courses.k-state.edu/fall2013/GEOG

The very first column is called section, what does that represent? Is it just the same classes running at different times? For example could I study GEOG100 and GEOG221 considering the first Lab for 221 is the same time as GEOG100?

Thanks to anyone who replies. If you're wondering why I couldnt ask someone at my university this question is because they're fucking useless and didn't know the answer.
12:47 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Thanks everyone!
08:23 AM on 04/18/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
I went to K-State for a semester before dropping out due to not having my head screwed on straight at the time. I would highly suggest you familiarize yourself with the campus map so that you don't end up picking one class (lecture or recitation) on one side of the campus with another class on the other side of the campus 10 minutes later.

Wearing an Aggieville shirt right now as a matter of fact! It's a great bar district that gets crazy and crazier during New Years Eve and Fake Pattys Day.

What are you looking to do with Geography if you don't mind me asking? I'm working on one of the largest running GIS projects currently going on in America for what it's worth.

I'm going to change my modules now anyway. Turns out I don't have to do 100% Geography, so I'm gonna do some less intense modules too.
Just read the Wikipedia article on Aggieville, looks amazing. Her have 1 student bar here and a club and that's it. A whole area sounds awesome.

I'm also actually looking to do something with GIS coincidentally! I've chosen a GIS module in both semesters for next year and had a GIS test today. What project is that?

I didn't read the entire thread but I am from Kansas and studying at another state university but I know people at K-State and am familiar with the area if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help in anyway.

Thanks! I'll PM you if I need to know anything specific.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets