Username
Password

11:26 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I missed While She Sleeps when they opened for Parkway Drive last week, but I checked out their album beforehand and at least a few songs caught my attention. Should be a decent band to check out at Warped (as long as they're not playing at the same time as August Burns Red, Stick To Your Guns or Black Dahlia Murder)
12:02 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I got the album you speak of recently, it's quality stuff. Some of the songs stand out a lot more than others (ie: This Is The Six).

Still really enjoy ABR and STYG but BDM is a band I've been considering axing out of my collection recently. Can't really get into them anymore unfortunately.

I meant to pick up the While She Sleeps album at the show. It was only $5, but I left in a hurry to beat traffic and forgot to grab it... I'll have to check it out. I'm surprised you aren't really digging BDM anymore. I never really got into them heavily, but I enjoyed Ritual quite a bit. Oh well, at least you like ABR and STYG
12:08 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Yeah, his vocal tone (BDM) isn't really my thing anymore. I love heavy bands from all over the spectrum but a lot of the more straight up deathmetal/metalcore bands I used to be really into (Suicide Silence, BDM, Job For A Cowboy) are losing their appeal for me. I seem to be digging bands these days that have some sort of incorporation of melody be it vocally or guitarwork. IE; some very heavy bands I love these days are Vildhjarta and Fallujah.

Right on. I completely understand. My preferences have changed quite a bit over the years too, but I like all sorts of stuff
09:59 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I know. I just thought this would be a good idea to have an area - that's updated continuously - at AP.net that features a closer look at bands within the genres I outlined. I feel like I'm always submitting things I feel like would at least get 25-40 replies but they never get accepted (i.e.: I submitted both the Dayshell and Palisades stuff here and they've yet to be posted). That being said, I'll do this happily but if I feel like no one cares (which probably is true) I'll pull the plug :/

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying this thread so far. Probably more recommendations than I'll be able to get to, but I like it
10:53 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Awesome man, I'm glad to hear it! What kind of bands within this ilk do you still enjoy so maybe I can keep my eye out for news for similar ones?

I like all sorts of stuff.

Just some of the bands I like that come to mind that might fit this thread... August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, Title Fight, Stick To Your Guns, Black Breath... the list goes on
01:35 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Hmm based on that and the fact you mentioned you liked Black Dahlia somewhere I'd say you should give Terror Spells ago. All their shits free here, I'd say give Shit Puppets a listen first just cause you know TPB and shit.
http://terrorspells.bandcamp.com/alb...rror-spells-ep

If they have a song called Shit Puppets then I'm all in.

Thanks for the recommendation good sir
05:25 AM on 04/18/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I don't know if it will be your thing, but I feel as an ABR fan you may enjoy what I just posted above.

If you're referring to This or The Apocalypse, you're spot on.

I haven't heard their newest album yet, but I enjoyed their older stuff and have heard nothing but good things about the new one. I'll make a point to pick it up ASAP
06:01 AM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Awesome, when you get it I'd love to hear your thoughts after a few listens.

I downloaded the This or the Apocalypse album last night, and it sounded pretty solid on first listen. It'll take a few spins to really sink in but I think I'm going to enjoy it quite a bit.
06:38 AM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
is it really bad!? thats disappointing

I haven't listened to it, so I won't comment, but lots of people on this site aren't too keen on AA in general
07:22 AM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
how come? I think they're good just not as good as people put them out to be

I don't know. I think they're just seen as some kind of "scene" band and some people think they're too cool to listen to them. I don't particularly like or dislike them, but I can't really understand why there's so much hate for them.
08:55 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I'm interested but leary. Both SS and LIEY are among my alltime favorites but LINAWR was boring and The Fire didn't get more than 3 plays from me.

While I don't think the new Sense Fail is AOTY material, it did surprise me quite a bit. I haven't really followed the bands since they're earlier days, but the album is MUCH heavier than I expected. I'd give it a spin if I were you.

i really want that new bring me the horizon album...i didn't get it yet and i need it...every track i heard was awesome.Although I didn't like shadow moses at first..but it grew on me.

A lot of people on this board are going to be dicks and make fun of the music you like, but listen to what you enjoy. You might discover some new bands through this site, and you're tastes may evolve a bit, but don't listen/not listen to stuff just because you want to fit in around here.
07:08 AM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
yeah dude thanks. Honestly I kinda needed to hear that from someone aha

Yeah, no problem. This board takes a little getting used to... and most of the people on here will try to force their opinions on you. I just think that there's lots of music out there and everyone's going to like something different. Like I said, you're still young and your tastes will evolve, but that doesn't mean you have to force that evolution. Just listen to what sounds good to you, embrace recommendations and let your ears guide you.
08:30 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Personally, I've never listened to Woe Is Me or Captain Chunk Crunch (whatever the hell the name is), but I think Emmure is one of the worst bands in the genre. The comparisons made to Emmure make me even less likely to check out either of the other bands.

That being said, I thought Emmure's record, Goodbye to the Gallows had a few decent moments on it, but it was all downhill from there.
09:42 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Lol, love that. I don't really see them as Emmure-esque personally but you're not missing out on not listening to them. I enjoy the band casually but I would recommend 1,000 other bands for you to listen to over them.

I'll always fully admit, I love Emmure. It's a 100% guilty pleasure but I can't help myself.

That's cool. There's plenty of bands that I love that everyone else hates, but Emmure seems to maintain a fairly loyal fanbase so hey...

I just can't stand their tough guy image. They even sold boxing gloves with Emmure printed on them, for kids to wear in the pit. I think that was what kinda rubbed me the wrong way about them... that and they only play on one string of their guitars... sorry, I'll stop making fun.
10:00 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Nah it's fine, I've boughen all their CDs and yes all their aesthetics don't appeal to me (I don't even go to shows anymore) but it's great workout music. With their last CD, they added in a lot more nuances to their instrumentation and the drummer was the same guy who did drumming for BTBAM's Silent Circus which is a classic.

Silent Circus is great. Hmm. I might need to check out the newest Emmure then. If they've added some depth to their music, maybe I'd enjoy it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets