Username
Password

10:13 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
I didn't hate Crash Love, but it was definitely a let down. Especially when Fainting Spells was released prior to the album. Talk about going from a high to a low.
10:14 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
And maybe reading too much into appearances reflecting the music sound, but an upside down cross jacket with a vaguely aggressive looking Davey at the mic is at least an improvement over pink suit jacket and John Waters mustache Davey.
03:02 AM on 05/05/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
Well the last time they put out a shitty, pretentious, "mysterious" video like that was Clandestine, which brought us STS. So that's promising.
10:05 PM on 05/05/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
Dream expectation = A Black Sails influenced record.
Realistic expectation = A solid Alt-Rock record that I feel attachment towards due to Davey and Jade's vocals.

Basically this. I'd love a BSITS and STS baby.

But to be realistic, I'll be happy with an album that is more aggressive than CL.
11:45 PM on 05/07/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
Band hasn't been good since The Art of Drowning.

lol
11:47 PM on 05/07/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
One thing I know for sure - no matter how good the first song we hear is, I will still be very cautious.

I remember "Fainting Spells" being the first song we heard, and just thinking "Holy... ... ... ... ... SHIT!" Then CL was slightly, uh, different in mood.
10:50 PM on 05/14/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
To be fair, that was a song from the Decemberunderground sessions.

Oh, I know. I forget the timing now, but they just randomly released it online, very close to when CL dropped.

They could have posted it online with the message "This song is from DU - it sounds NOTHING like anything on Crash Love. We repeat: Crash Love sounds NOTHING like this." And on my first listen I'd be thinking, "Holy shit, this is amazing! I hope every song on Crash Love sounds like this!"
02:00 PM on 10/10/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
I love "Suffer", and have really liked the other three released tracks. They have yet to truly grow on me, but that's also due to the fact that I am holding off on giving them repeated listens. I don't want to be tired of 1/3 of the album when it finally hits.
09:25 PM on 10/15/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
Very solid throughout. What I like most is the entire album has the same vibe and tone. The blacks and greys of the artwork suit the album, because if the music was a shade, that's what it'd be.
02:36 PM on 10/22/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
I love this album more with every listen. Not a single track I dislike.

The Sinking Night and Face bookend this album so perfectly.
11:03 AM on 10/23/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
I actually find the Heart Stops love a bit surprising. I like the song - there's no song on the album I dislike, but it's bottom tier of the album for me.

Opinions, and all, I know. My brother puts The Conductor near the bottom, and I'd have it among my favorites.
10:18 AM on 10/31/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
It's odd that the two themes that keep coming up with this album, "Heart Stops is one of the best on the album" and "Rewind might be the best track since STS" don't register with me at all.

I already mentioned the Heart Stops opinion in my landmark post a few days back. But while I really, really like Rewind, I definitely have a handful of tracks I'd rank well above it. Again, I know that questioning an opinion is stupid, but in this case it's just odd I don't agree with the two biggest opinions coming off this album.

Although the opinion of "This album is awesome" - that one I definitely agree with.
09:43 PM on 10/31/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
It's amusing to me how polarizing Heart Stops is. I've read opinions ranging from "It's the worst song they've ever written by far" to "It's easily the best song on Burials and I've listened to it over 100 times" expressed by multiple people each. It's especially funny since I feel neither overwhelmingly positive nor negative about it. Though I did see them play it for the first time in Pomona last week and it sounded pretty good.

For me, it's my least favorite song on the album, but I still like it. Which is just a good sign for the album.
09:36 AM on 11/01/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
I like Wild and all the effects because of their obvious logic of "Sure, throw that in there also."
11:41 PM on 11/01/13 
User Info.
Robb
ism
Colorado Springs
Male
Heart Stops is great. I think The Conductor is my favorite though.

The Conductor is probably my favorite, as well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos