Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35
03:40 PM on 04/17/13
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
I think i'm one of the very few the preferred Congratulations over Oracular Spectacular
04:08 PM on 04/17/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dont understand why they wanted to avoid mainstream..... the re defined mainstream.. this is just ass
04:36 PM on 04/17/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
I think i'm one of the very few the preferred Congratulations over Oracular Spectacular
The two are both pretty close for me, but I def lean more towards Congratulations. Siberian Breaks is a fucking masterpiece :) People associate them just with their singles, but in truth.. Oracular is for the most part a psychedelic album. Songs like 4th dimensional and of moons could have easily been on Congratulations.

Also, when will people stop saying they abandoned their "mainstream" sound?? Time To Pretend and Kids were both written years before their debut. They had already moved away from that sound (as is evident from the rest of the album).. but Columbia wanted the songs on it. The progression between each album really wasn't a surprise whatsoever.
04:39 PM on 04/17/13
just.Starla.
I put my bra on one boob at a time
User Info.

I'm not too sure about this single. It's okay, but overall pretty meh. Hopefully their new album will be just as great as Congratulations, which is still their best work as far as I'm concerned. I'll be happy if the album is a mix of Congratulations and OS though.
06:05 PM on 04/17/13
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
The full song Alien Days has been out for quite a while now if I remember correctly.
06:23 PM on 04/17/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
The full song Alien Days has been out for quite a while now if I remember correctly.
live versions have been floating around, but the studio version hasn't been released yet.
06:53 PM on 04/17/13
pleasegoodmusic
User Info.
but Time to Pretend / Kids / Electric Feel were the only really good stuff off their first album
this is so right that its not even funny. the band's success was completely about the singles, everything else is just jammy indie stuff that would have sold less than 5k copies on its own. the band blew it by writing awesome songs and then going out of their way to be more obtuse. the world doesn't need any more boring indie bands, if you can write great song, THEN WRITE GREAT SONGS.
07:33 PM on 04/17/13
frankiejuants91
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dont understand why they wanted to avoid mainstream..... the re defined mainstream.. this is just ass
idiots
07:35 PM on 04/17/13
frankiejuants91
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
but Time to Pretend / Kids / Electric Feel were the only really good stuff off their first album
your a fucking loser
xtbs7645x
User Info.
this is so right that its not even funny. the band's success was completely about the singles, everything else is just jammy indie stuff that would have sold less than 5k copies on its own. the band blew it by writing awesome songs and then going out of their way to be more obtuse. the world doesn't need any more boring indie bands, if you can write great song, THEN WRITE GREAT SONGS.
haha this is hilarious.. mainstream success makes a band good? I highly doubt they wrote any of those singles seeking fame. If anything their big singles are more out of place then their "jammy indie stuff". They're a psychedelic band not a top 40 band.. yes, time to pretend and kids are catchy songs.. but those songs were written early in their career. They were no longer interested in that direction. They could have easily written an album full of time to pretend remakes.. but why?? so they can become famous and sell a shit ton of records? is that really whats important? much rather them make the music they want... also, shows that they're making music for the right reasons and not be famous. Not meaning to come off like a fanboy, just this bands gets so much shit for no reason.. if you liked more than just their singles, you would have liked their second album.
frankiejuants91
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm so happy they ditched their bro fanbase. Seriously, listen to literally anything else (even their old demos) besides Kids, Electric Feel, and Time to Pretend, and you'll stop whining about some "old sound" that never really existed. Congratulations was such a fantastic, criminally underrated album, been looking forward to this for a while.
and so are you
08:14 PM on 04/17/13
Basketcase
User Info.
seems to pick up from Congratulations. not bad.

but why cassette?
08:16 PM on 04/17/13
RayJoonya
DreamofSleeping.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha this is hilarious.. mainstream success makes a band good? I highly doubt they wrote any of those singles seeking fame. If anything their big singles are more out of place then their "jammy indie stuff". They're a psychedelic band not a top 40 band.. yes, time to pretend and kids are catchy songs.. but those songs were written early in their career. They were no longer interested in that direction. They could have easily written an album full of time to pretend remakes.. but why?? so they can become famous and sell a shit ton of records? is that really whats important? much rather them make the music they want... also, shows that they're making music for the right reasons and not be famous. Not meaning to come off like a fanboy, just this bands gets so much shit for no reason.. if you liked more than just their singles, you would have liked their second album.

I agree with everything you've said in this thread. I personally love this song, but I also thought Weekend Wars, The Youth and Peices of What were the best songs on their first album.
08:20 PM on 04/17/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
I agree with everything you've said in this thread. I personally love this song, but I also thought Weekend Wars, The Youth and Peices of What were the best songs on their first album.
Yes! Weekend Wars is prob my favorite off it :)
10:39 PM on 04/17/13
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
live versions have been floating around, but the studio version hasn't been released yet.

This is what I was thinking it was, didn't even realize it was live.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos