Twitter News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 54.
09:12 AM on 04/18/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Will be handy for the average music
Listener and for
Crossover bands attempting to reach for that audience, but personally the over saturation of the popular and on the rise tabs by the (often questionable) taste of the mass of twitter users.
09:13 AM on 04/18/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
#thesametop40stuffyoualreadyknow

Seriously though, I'm not sure how this is supposed to help people discover new music. If the idea is to display the ones that are trending the most (i.e. the most popular), then chances are you're getting bombarded with them on the radio, commercials, facebook, and tons of other places.
09:14 AM on 04/18/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Listener and for
Crossover bands attempting to reach for that audience, but personally the over saturation of the popular and on the rise tabs by the (often questionable) taste of the mass of twitter users.

Essentially this.
09:16 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
#thesametop40stuffyoualreadyknow

Seriously though, I'm not sure how this is supposed to help people discover new music. If the idea is to display the ones that are trending the most (i.e. the most popular), then chances are you're getting bombarded with them on the radio, commercials, facebook, and tons of other places.
Going by that other user's screencap, it's more than just top 40 relevant.
09:21 AM on 04/18/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
sigur ros is on the trending and they definitely arent a top 40 band. its like people are bashing this before even looking at it.
09:25 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
sigur ros is on the trending and they definitely arent a top 40 band. its like people are bashing this before even looking at it.
Yeah, those semi-interested at least should give it a test-run for a good few days or so and then decide for themselves whether it's useful.
09:30 AM on 04/18/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
you can do today launched or launched today. or replace "launched" with whatever else is going on. you learn that in your first reporting class.
09:30 AM on 04/18/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Listener and for
you can also see what artists your favorite artists are following, which could be kinda cool
09:45 AM on 04/18/13
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
It's actually great for discovering new music. Check out the emerging section -- I found a few great bands that I never heard of. Like ones with 300 followers, it's nuts.
09:46 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
It's actually great for discovering new music. Check out the emerging section -- I found a few great bands that I never heard of. Like ones with 300 followers, it's nuts.
This guy.
09:50 AM on 04/18/13
xHoodieWeather
User Info.
you can also see what artists your favorite artists are following, which could be kinda cool

Agreed, but at the same time it seems like most of that is already pretty open through twitter and things like ATP albums feature and POZ playlists. As I said, it's easier for people that are more involved as we have been discovering artists through different means for a while, but I believe it may be very helpful for a more casual listener and bands that are big enough to be recommended but not big enough to be featured as popular. If I had this when I began searching for music, it would have been a much easier journey haha.
09:52 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I feel like some people aren't reading through the thread to see what it's capable of.
09:55 AM on 04/18/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
you can do today launched or launched today. or replace "launched" with whatever else is going on. you learn that in your first reporting class.
Haha I know, it just sounds awkward because you don't hear it often.
09:59 AM on 04/18/13
xHoodieWeather
User Info.
I will say that the interface is pretty cool though. Haven't had time to play with it as much as I'd like to, but hopefully that will change.
10:15 AM on 04/18/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
If you've used We Are Hunted before, you know that their "most popular" tracks are not very mainstream.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS