Album Review
Nadja - Skin Turns to Glass Album Cover

Nadja - Skin Turns to Glass

Reviewed by
Nadja - Skin Turns to Glass
Release Date: April 1st, 2008
Record Label: The End

Who?
Like the Fuck Buttons with more 'fuck', Nadja sleepwalks through torrents of distortion, fuzz, and drone. Almost apocalyptic in nature, Skin Turns to Glass exceeds an hour in length -- only relenting in its windy ferocity to smooth surfaces with patient ambiance and digital muttering.

How Is It?

It's most likely not an album you'll sit obediently through, as its substance more pertains to clashing opaque distortion and the spirit of metal (or minimalist pittering) to result in a sort of unforgiving terrain, an unsettled desert in your ears that'll ultimately serve as white noise. It verges on complete tedium at points, but reconciles with a shoegazer's lament for their dying breed -- an overhaul of chuggy force with "Sandskin" and "Skin Turns to Glass", an overhaul of churning atmosphere in "Slow Loss" and "Untitled".
This review is a user submitted review from Scott Irvine. You can see all of Scott Irvine's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
04:26 AM on 04/21/08
apresnuledeluge
Never too fat to fly
User Info.
Reminds me a little of Souvenir's Young America.

^^Highly recommended to anyone who likes their instrumental dark and creepy.
06:02 AM on 04/21/08
TheBaroness
User Info.
great album, I'm glad it got a review here
08:09 AM on 04/21/08
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
This band sounds nothing like Souvenir's Young America, IMO. Pretty good, I have to really be in the mood to listen to this band.
12:16 PM on 04/21/08
-Aaron-
^_^
User Info.
This band sounds nothing like Souvenir's Young America, IMO. Pretty good, I have to really be in the mood to listen to this band.

Yeah I don't get the SYA comparison. I tend to listen to Nadja when I am doing nothing but relaxing and homework. I can't listen intentively for it gets too drug out and boring. I still enjoy them quite a bit though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos