AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Interscope Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Interscope Records
Inside AP.net

Frank Turner's New Album Is Out Today: iTunes Single...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (04/23/13)
Frank Turner's Tape Deck Heart is out today, and his new single "Recovery" is available for free download on iTunes this week. Additionally, FT will be live streaming his sold-out show at London's Forum this Thursday on his YouTube channel. He did some live sessions of new songs with his band, The Sleeping Souls, which can be be watched here, here and here. Oh, and his Daytrotter session is also up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
08:13 AM on 04/23/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
hope this album does really well for Frank, he's one of the best and most consistent artists to come out in recent years and i'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

can't want for my vinyl to arrive, and also im sure the concert on Thursday will be great.
08:15 AM on 04/23/13
ForEveryHeart
No God
User Info.
I like new FT alot. It's just hard because I truly thought England Keep My Bones was a perfect album. Tape Deck Heart is disappointing after that album but is by no means bad. I just happen to like EKMB better
08:40 AM on 04/23/13
Amongster
Up Into The Upswing
User Info.
I keep confusing him with Frank Carter.
08:41 AM on 04/23/13
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Such a hard working artist. One of the best
08:48 AM on 04/23/13
petter182
User Info.
The Way I Tend To Be is so extremely catchy.
08:50 AM on 04/23/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i love this record, it's not as good as england keep my bones, but it is great
09:30 AM on 04/23/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
the record rules. I think it would benefit a little if two or three songs would be left out and be considered b-sides so the album would flow a little better, but it's all right. the more the merrier. and there are so many great songs, good god.
10:00 AM on 04/23/13
JimmyIymmiJ
Go on, give up, you'll never win...
User Info.
Great album. Frank can do no wrong in my opinion.
10:17 AM on 04/23/13
msulliv7
BahaMenSadness
User Info.
I've said it in the release thread and I will say it here, my Album of the Year, as I've just been dumped this weekend over her not wanting to try long distance come the summer. Good timing Frank.
11:04 AM on 04/23/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Great album besides the first half of Broken Piano
11:28 AM on 04/23/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
Looking forward to spinning this. Hope are high. Although I'm probably one of the few people who thought England Keep My Bones was his worst album.
11:28 AM on 04/23/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Gonna certainly need to give it more spins to really make up my mind. Didn't blow me away after first listen, but also was certainly still a good record. Think Frank might just be a victim of his own success here. Like, even if its slightly worse than Poetry and its still a great album but because he has Love Ire And Song and EKMB in his discography you kinda expect a little bit more.
01:02 PM on 04/23/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Frank writes songs more than he writes albums in my opinion, each with it's own theme. I'm glad there are 18 tracks to enjoy (and I enjoy all of them for different reasons). I think when people have couple weeks with Tape Deck Heart they will realize its right on par with everything else he's done. Some may even like it better. Early AOTY contender for me.
01:30 PM on 04/23/13
stevieoao
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think this is a better over all album than England Keep My Bones (even though EKMB has some stronger over all tracks).

I think it helps to be British to understand some of the references he makes to things like places in London (Shoreditch) and Music Venues (The Astoria) but for me his lyrics always paint a perfect picture.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests