Username
Password
Birthdays News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Birthdays
Inside AP.net

Happy 10th Birthday, iTunes

Posted by: Jack Appleby (04/28/13)
The iTunes Music Store opened for business 10 years ago today. Check out some milestones from their last decade here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
07:00 PM on 04/28/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Impressive.
07:06 PM on 04/28/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
I can't believe it took four years to introduce the 'Complete My Album' feature.
07:47 PM on 04/28/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
I would've guessed iTunes was a lot older than 10 years. Weird.
07:59 PM on 04/28/13
butrfli1234
I'M ON FIRE
User Info.
I remember downloading that The Fray song for free. Wow.
08:00 PM on 04/28/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Considering I started playing guitar in the fall of 2004, I'm now realizing how integral the iTunes store was in shaping my initial musical tastes. I remember just browsing for hours and hours listening to clips of songs that were recommended for bands that I liked like the Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Weezer, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains etc... I remember finding bands like Hum and Candlebox that way, and then eventually somehow graduating towards bands like A.F.I., Rise Against, A7X, Atreyu, and Bullet for My Valentine. Those led me to Silverstein, was maybe the most important band is shaping my musical tastes. It seems really stupid initially how iTunes led me to all of this, but then I remembered i was only 11 and 12 and so it started making sense haha.
08:03 PM on 04/28/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
wow really? I still remember the first record I bought on iTunes. I definitely prefer Amazon mp3 or physical, but there's no denying the impact they've had.
08:07 PM on 04/28/13
Supernova
Stuck In An Elevator
User Info.
Seems longer than that. I've been with them for at least 5; started with my iPad classic(80gb maybe??). Technically I had iTunes on my Motorola RAZR V3i before that, but I don't remember if that ever actually hooked to the actual program.
08:17 PM on 04/28/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
Come to think of it, I first discovered Cursive, Northstar, and Jack's Mannequin through iTunes suggestions. Wonder if I would have given them a chance otherwise.
08:49 PM on 04/28/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Crazy to grow up with technology that complete revolutionized the music business.
08:56 PM on 04/28/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess it came out around facebook time. gosh, i'm getting so old. 10 years ago i was a junior in highschool.
09:16 PM on 04/28/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
Considering I started playing guitar in the fall of 2004, I'm now realizing how integral the iTunes store was in shaping my initial musical tastes. I remember just browsing for hours and hours listening to clips of songs that were recommended for bands that I liked like the Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Weezer, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains etc... I remember finding bands like Hum and Candlebox that way, and then eventually somehow graduating towards bands like A.F.I., Rise Against, A7X, Atreyu, and Bullet for My Valentine. Those led me to Silverstein, was maybe the most important band is shaping my musical tastes. It seems really stupid initially how iTunes led me to all of this, but then I remembered i was only 11 and 12 and so it started making sense haha.

True. When I was just getting into music, iTunes helped me find a ton of bands.
09:43 PM on 04/28/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Welp, just remembered Duffy existed.
11:00 PM on 04/28/13
kskillzz
User Info.
I still remember downloading Itunes because of that Itunes/Pepsi promotion they had going on where 1/3 caps gave you a free song. I figured out if you tilted the bottle a certain way you could see if it was a winner or not, so I ended up getting like 10 free songs out of it. Pretty sure I downloaded a lot of Green Day. Can't believe that was 10 years ago
11:32 PM on 04/28/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Crazy to think that I had my first iPod (Video) way back in '05. Good times; I remember downloading all of the HMNIM podcasts too.

The Black Eyed Peas have been very successful on iTunes though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests