Username
Password
Money News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 26 of 26.
04:00 PM on 05/01/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
Really really like The Sugi Tap stuff he did between Eve 6 periods, will definitely give this a chance.
05:23 PM on 05/01/13
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I still dig that first album of Eve 6, man.
08:15 PM on 05/01/13
Lirr168
isn't racist - he has color tv
User Info.
$500 for the Cover + Eve 6 solo song is more appealing to me than it should be.
08:59 PM on 05/01/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not saying it's not a common sense approach for people to do it. It's obviously easier. I'm not making a judgement on its validity. I'm just saying it's annoying and lazy, which is totally my "in my day, kids did it the right way and earned it" opinion. It just feels slimy to me, whether it's appropriate or not.

It's the guy from Eve6, I think he's probably earned it at this point... This isn't a random up and coming kid...
12:15 AM on 05/02/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
Is there any place on PledgeMusic where you can see how much they are trying to raise? It doesn't seem like there is. How sneaky
No, but you can work it out fairly easily.
06:55 AM on 05/02/13
DeadCityScars
Pit Boss
User Info.
Fine, I'll bite.

If Joe sells his time to Subway, and the market deems he can makes 10 bucks an hour to make sammichs -- that's ok.

But if Joe can sell his time to a fan, and the market deems he can make 100 bucks an hour selling Skype calls -- that's not ok?

That's a great analogy because he will most likely be working at Subway after this fails.
07:27 AM on 05/02/13
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Guys i am starting a kickstarter to fund an album.. its called "60 years" its going to be a collection of noises for the next 60 years of just me and my family doing stuff around the house... And with your help.. you the fans.. we will create a masterpiece.. I am asking a very low pledge of 4 million dollars.. Dont worry.. there will be no kids on the album.. I saw what you guys did to eisley.. Thanks again.."

what happen with Eisley?
09:12 AM on 05/02/13
wearefriends
User Info.
kickstarter rewards will mean different things for different people.

some will think they're fantastic, others won't.

but to be able to have somewhat of a very personal connection to help an artist you enjoy is very cool.
09:21 AM on 05/02/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
12:17 PM on 05/02/13
streetcar
User Info.
what happen with Eisley?

People were complaining about their kickstarter..
05:48 PM on 05/02/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
I'm always surprised when people are angry at artists for not wanting to submit to label politics. Is it not better to have the money actually going to the artist and the kind of production they want? I'm always baffled by the idea that it's a crime to want to make a living off of music, or art in general. Everyone wants to do what they love, but for some reason, they don't want others to make money doing what they love.

Also, I'm just gonna throw this out there-- this is way different than the Eisley kickstarter. This is for something to actually be created and done right. Not a cash grab for a tour they booked and then realized they couldn't afford.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests