Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
12:41 AM on 05/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
just an fyi, indie and post-rock are not the same thing. And I wouldn't say this album falls into either category.
11:21 AM on 05/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
I do realize that they are different genres, but I would say they are closely related. I think of stuff like Explosions in the Sky when I think of post-rock. The point I was trying to make is that this album would have still made sense without Choi's vocals because of how smooth and enjoyable the music itself was. "Indie" is such a vague genre that different people consider different things as such. What would you classify this as?

pop-rock. I like the point you're making about the strength of the instrumentals, and I agree that indie is a woefully vague genre, but that and post-rock are still nowhere close to each other. Most post-rock bands are on indie labels. But most indie bands are not post-rock. It's still a fairly small genre.
11:23 AM on 05/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
how do you add somebody as a friend? ive just got Greg. figure it out, then add me.

Click on their name and find the button that says "Friend." It's as easy as that. :)
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums