Username
Password
Mp3 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mp3
Inside AP.net

The Slip Details, Press Release

Posted by: Steve Henderson (05/05/08)
Read a press release for Nine Inch Nails' new album, The Slip, in the replies. Says Trent Reznor to fans: "Thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years. This one's on me."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29.
09:24 AM on 05/05/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
NINE INCH NAILS THE SLIP
First ever completely free full album download
Available now at NIN.com

Trent Reznor to Fans: "Thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years. This one's on me."As of 12:01 a.m. PST May 5, Nine Inch Nails' brand new full length album The Slip is available as free download at NIN.com.

Unlike NIN's recently released Ghosts I-IV, there are NO paid options available for The Slip, nor are there any retail partners. At present, The Slip is available exclusively as a free download at NIN.com. A physical configuration on CD and vinyl is in the works for a July release.

The Slip marks the first time Nine Inch Nails--or any artist of NIN's stature--has made its new album available completely and exclusively for free as a DRM-free digital download. The Slip is available as a high-quality MP3 or in a variety of lossless formats including, for the first time, a higher-than-CD quality 24 bit 96k version. All downloads include a PDF with credits and artwork.

Like the free single "Discipline" released last week to terrestrial radio stations and their websites and the track "Echoplex" appearing on iLike, The Slip is a classic straightforward NIN album, featuring Trent Reznor on vocals and various instruments as well as Josh Freese, Robin Finck and Alessandro Cortini. The record was produced by Reznor, Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder. Art direction by Rob Sheridan.

As with previous Nine Inch Nails releases Year Zero and Ghosts I-IV, the complete multi-track files to The Slip will be available free at launch, allowing anyone who wants to create his or her own remixes and reinterpretations of the songs. As always, the Remix.NIN.com community will provide a sire and infrastructure for fans to upload, share, stream and download these various remixes as well as the original masters, all free of charge or restrictions.

The Slip, like Ghosts I-IV, is being released under a Creative Commons license, allowing fans to distribute the songs and files freely and without fear of copyright infringement. More details regarding this license can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b
y-nc-sa/3.0/us/

09:33 AM on 05/05/08
dancetony
i found away
User Info.
crazy. i like the little tidbit about how its released to help assure that kids sharing the album won't get stuck with copyright infringement. i guest thats the plus of not having released through a label?!?!
09:35 AM on 05/05/08
callingallcars
remember us 4 all we pretend 2 be
User Info.
you know, i dont really like nine inch nails but i can appreciate the free album and plan on listening to it. maybe this will be what gets me into them. its not like i havent tried before.
09:40 AM on 05/05/08
Shooter McGavin
User Info.
I've always been kind of meh towards this band but with all of the recent online stuff Trent Reznor is doing, I have certainly gained a ton of respect for this guy. Radiohead may have gotten all of the glory, but NIN blows their online distribution and promotion out of the water.
09:46 AM on 05/05/08
Beloved Broken
you can't be missed, if..
User Info.
As previously stated,
this man rules.
09:56 AM on 05/05/08
arizonahotrock
Hypnotist/Sex Machine
User Info.
What a gesture. I don't think there are very many bands of NIN's stature that would even CONSIDER doing this...
10:06 AM on 05/05/08
joberooni
User Info.
Ridiculous... Like I've said before, Reznor's a beast. mad props!
10:13 AM on 05/05/08
andrewshungry
Gillyyyyyyy
User Info.
you know, i dont really like nine inch nails but i can appreciate the free album and plan on listening to it. maybe this will be what gets me into them. its not like i havent tried before.

i completely agree. this is so awesome, i want to love this band now.
10:17 AM on 05/05/08
dearmsleading
A City Heart instrumentalist
User Info.
im so impressed with his rate of output. this dude just released Ghosts what..max a month ago? consider it downloaded.
10:21 AM on 05/05/08
DvlpmntArrstd
User Info.
nothing like getting a free album when you're getting excited to see them at lollapalooza. cha-ching
10:32 AM on 05/05/08
amysaurus
gonna stay eighteen forever.
User Info.
"This one's on me"
Cute
10:37 AM on 05/05/08
sell the sunris
..is Batman
User Info.
I love that fucking mad scientist of a musician.

In the words of Wayne and Garth: "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"
10:51 AM on 05/05/08
qwertyboy5000
Bobbles.
User Info.
Just when i think this guy can't do any more to up-end the music business, he pulls something like this. Insane.
10:59 AM on 05/05/08
DvlpmntArrstd
User Info.
Just when i think this guy can't do any more to up-end the music business, he pulls something like this. Insane.

AND TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests