Password

Album Review
Robots and Racecars - We Can't All Be Astronauts Album Cover

Robots and Racecars - We Can't All Be Astronauts

Reviewed by
Robots and Racecars - We Can't All Be Astronauts
Record Label: Moshi Moshi Studios
Release Date: January 31, 2007
"Robots and Racecars" - their name was enough to catch my attention and make me wonder what they were all about. My first question when I saw this band name was, "What kind of people created this name?" When I got their first CD, We Can’t All Be Astronauts, I had to shove it into my computer to play it as soon as possible. This is the first CD from this band from Bristol, Pennsylvania, so there isn’t much to compare it to. But We Can’t All Be Astronauts is one of the best debut albums I have ever heard from a young band.

The first track “Hookers and Blow” opens up the CD, and it is, in my opinion, the worst song on the entire CD. The lyrics seemed so common and the melody is nothing special, but thankfully the rest of the songs are very good. The album begins to really pick up with “Balls to the Wall Ms. Jackson.” Although the lead singer Matthew Herb sounds a little shaky on this track, it fits really well with the tight melody and really great back up vocals on the parts of Nicholas Reed, Jordan Riffe, and Frankie March. The CD really picks up with “Heartless Bastard,” the pace isn’t as slow as before, and the band really begins to showcase their talent. Riffe and Reed play the melody and harmony of every song with precision and unique hooks.

With only ten tracks, We Can't All Be Astronauts offers a limited number of tracks for the band to show off their skills, but they make use of their talent in the second half. The fact that Robots and Racecars are very comfortable with their style is one thing that makes them enjoyable to listen to. If you want to listen to old-school pop punk with a twist, take a listen.

Recommended if You LikeAllister, Blink 182, All Time Low

myspace.com/robotsandracecars
This review is a user submitted review from XeverybodyrawrX. You can see all of XeverybodyrawrX's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version