Username
Password
Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40
07:32 PM on 05/06/13
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Even tho taxes are completely bunk. My extremely (out there) roommate keeps telling me citizens technically don't have to pay taxes or something, but the legal battle isn't worth it. I don't have a clue what she's talkin about, but I'm not gonna go to jail on her word.
I think she may be wrong on that...
07:34 PM on 05/06/13
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
Does this get her out of actually paying up?? If so, what a joke.
07:44 PM on 05/06/13
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
Her parents were a high school English teacher and a computer programmer.

Then again.. she has a history of irrational statements.
do you actually think she's talking about her parents when she says she's a child of former slaves?
07:46 PM on 05/06/13
Son of a Gun
Below the Sky
User Info.
do you actually think she's talking about her parents when she says she's a child of former slaves?
No.
08:28 PM on 05/06/13
chrisdazzo
Discarnate, preternatural.
User Info.
Hahahaha this makes me feel a lot better, I was having a crappy day
08:29 PM on 05/06/13
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
should be more time, I hate tax evaders, everyone pay their fair share
08:46 PM on 05/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Girls who have how many DUIs, hit and runs, drug charges and yet it's the people who owe money (not saying her charges aren't important as well) that are getting jailed.

Same all over, not just Hollywood.

As it turns out, when you settle with the "hit and run" parties and they drop the chaeges, you don't have to go to jail... Most people do not go to jail for DUIs.
09:22 PM on 05/06/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
should be more time, I hate tax evaders, everyone pay their fair share
um...only idiots pay their fair share. it's like jury duty.
09:24 PM on 05/06/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As it turns out, when you settle with the "hit and run" parties and they drop the chaeges, you don't have to go to jail... Most people do not go to jail for DUIs.
i believe lindsey lohan stole a 2k$ necklace and got away with it. imma ask my buddy JaMarcus if he's heard such a thing happen to someone he knows
09:30 PM on 05/06/13
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
Even tho taxes are completely bunk. My extremely (out there) roommate keeps telling me citizens technically don't have to pay taxes or something, but the legal battle isn't worth it. I don't have a clue what she's talkin about, but I'm not gonna go to jail on her word.
I have heard of this belief . The only thing is it is right up their with birther movement on the crazy scale.
10:29 PM on 05/06/13
StriketheMartyr
the voice of reason
User Info.
All her arguments and wild statements aside, I highly doubt Lauryn Hill uses quickbooks and turbo tax personally, and has been managing her funds for the past 15 years since Miseducation. I think it's a shame, because chances are she wasn't aware of the discrepancies.
10:33 PM on 05/06/13
The Minn
User Info.
From the BBC:

I guess no one told her about the Social Contract she signed.
this just makes me hate her more. i remember her saying how if she knew so many white people were going to buy her album she would not do music. long story short: fuck you Lauryn!
10:35 PM on 05/06/13
The Minn
User Info.
All her arguments and wild statements aside, I highly doubt Lauryn Hill uses quickbooks and turbo tax personally, and has been managing her funds for the past 15 years since Miseducation. I think it's a shame, because chances are she wasn't aware of the discrepancies.
yeah because, you know, she was in the Fugees befoer and they also sold a ton. not like she knew what taxes were. also at age 18 you have to start paying them so again....yeah....she is a dumbass
11:22 PM on 05/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i believe lindsey lohan stole a 2k$ necklace and got away with it. imma ask my buddy JaMarcus if he's heard such a thing happen to someone he knows

I mean she didn't really get away with it, just didn't go to jail. I wasn't even talking about that to begin with.

But there's still a pretty big difference between not paying your taxes and stealing a designer necklace, especially to the government... That's $1,000,000 vs $2,500. 3 months is not that much time for that much money.
11:48 PM on 05/06/13
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
User Info.
it's such a shame whenever I see anything about her like this, she is the definition of wasted potential

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos