Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 59 of 59
12:34 AM on 05/14/13
Alex Chellsen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love Matt's baritone voice, it brings me a little bit closer to God every time I hear him sing!
04:52 AM on 05/14/13
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
I loved High Violet, but if it's somehow possible, this album is even better. AOTY
06:14 AM on 05/14/13
COLEMAN902
I thought you said forever...
User Info.
Most beautiful album I've heard since Bon Iver's self-titled.
07:06 AM on 05/14/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Between this, sigur, kanye, QOTSA and deafhaven, AOTY is going to be so tough. As great as they were, I could see frightened rabbit and James Blake not even making the top ten.
07:23 AM on 05/14/13
AReiss
Coffee & Cigarettes Clothing Co.
User Info.
Good insight, I will keep trying and hopefully it will click. What album is most accessible for newbies?
I second what this guy said about having it click with Afraid of Everyone. Check out the album Boxer, specifically the songs "Mistaken for Strangers" and "Slow Show." From there check out High Violet, which took me a bit to get into. At first I was like, that's not nearly as good as everyone says, but then I kept going back to it again and again and now they're one of my favorite bands. Hopefully same thing happens to you!
07:24 AM on 05/14/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Post title makes me wonder -- does anyone else find saying "New National Album" weirdly odd?

Most bands I don't bat an eye if you drop the "The". Like "I'm a big Beatles fan" is totally fine. Its not a plural thing, because I don't see a problem with "I'm a big Cure fan" either. And like, you certainly wouldn't want to say "I'm a big The National fan".

But like, "I'm a big National fan" or "The new National Album" both strike me as really weird sounding (not as bad as if you kept the The, but still odd). I always find myself wanting to rephrase referring to it as "I'm a big fan of The National".

Can't think of any other band off the top of my head for which this property holds.
I tend to do this for most "The" bands. Like I don't like saying I'm a Smiths fan, always fan of The Smiths.
07:27 AM on 05/14/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Also, really dig this album.
08:08 AM on 05/14/13
kcpunk
Aaron - my username is dumb
User Info.
I fell asleep.
08:32 AM on 05/14/13
jpepe
User Info.
Jesus, I love this band.
09:05 AM on 05/14/13
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
Ddid the stream go down? I can't get it
01:05 PM on 05/14/13
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
"Hard to Find" just absolutely capped that album off for me. Unreal.
08:52 PM on 05/14/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Probably only Kanye or O'Brother (if they release one) could top this for me as AOTY.
04:09 PM on 05/29/13
eloquentrave
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Abel and Apartment Story (in alphabetical order) still, and probably always shall, remain my top two favorite The National songs.

That having been said... the remainder of my top ten just got summarily, and, dare I say, Gracelessly, replaced.

Graceless, Slipped, Sea of Love, Demons, I Should Live In Salt, Pink Rabbits, Hard To Find, Don't Swallow The Cap, I Need My Girl...

Wow, just... wow.

The least songs on this album are at the worst, merely good.

Pedestrian Verse is now my second favorite album of the year.

Trouble Will Find Me is hands down my AOTY.
07:18 PM on 05/29/13
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
User Info.
Graceless, Slipped, Sea of Love, Demons, I Should Live In Salt, Pink Rabbits, Hard To Find, Don't Swallow The Cap, I Need My Girl...
not a fan of This is the Last Time? that one and Humiliation are my two favorites lol

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos