Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
03:14 PM on 05/14/13
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
Great review. And this is great record. I'm still not sure why TWY are called pop-punk though. They haven't fit into that genre since post The Upsides.
Suburbia and this are clearly pop-punk. Just because it's not generic TSSF, Forever Came Calling, With The Punches pop-punk doesn't mean it's not pop-punk.

But I digress.

I get a big Say It Like You Mean It vibe from this record which is great because that's my favorite Starting Line record.

I haven't been able to put this down since I downloaded it and it takes a lot for me to do that these days. This band has the potential to be even more amazing, and that's saying something being as they already established themselves as a band that has a legacy in the scene and will without a doubt be remembered ala TBS, Brand New etc.

Good review, Thomas. A+
11:13 AM on 05/15/13
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
Damn good album. "There, There" is easily my favorite. Kinda disappointed that they literally repeated some parts of the previous songs in the closer - it doesn't come off as creative as say Hostage Calm's "One Last Salute". Sweet, nonetheless.
What's great about it is how seamlessly the mashup at the end fits together. Melodies from one song fit perfectly with melodies from another and they all transition perfectly except the slightly jarring transition from the Raindance line into the There, There line to kick it off.
11:15 AM on 05/15/13
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
The only problem I have with this album is that all the songs are so good that it's difficult to get a grip on the whole thing. Most albums you find your standout tracks and really dive in to those songs and you also find tracks that do nothing for you and never will so it's easy to leave those alone. On this one it's difficult to let one song be your standout when it is immediately followed by an equally great song...and that song is followed by another equally great song. That's what held me back from loving this album at first because each song was so great that it almost made me forget about the one before it save for one or two songs.

This probably makes no sense to anyone and I don't expect it to haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos