Password
Band Break-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Band Break-Up
Inside AP.net

House VS Hurricane Calling It a Day

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/11/13)
House VS Hurricane are breaking up.
After nearly 7 years as a band we, House Vs Hurricane have decided it's time for us to move on and call it day.

The five if us could have never imagined the amount of support we have received since our beginnings from our fans, friends, families, past members and and the amazing team that has been behind us the entire way.

We see this as an exciting step more than anything else, of course it's sad but we have been given the opportunity to travel the world, record music, meet so many amazing people and share what we do with anyone who will listen, and for that we are so so grateful and humbled.

We have an Australian tour coming up later this month with I Killed The Prom Queen and Buried In Verona, as well as River Sessions festival in Mackay. These will be our last shows for the moment, but we may look to do something later on as a final farewell. For now, please come and see us on tour June 20-29 and lets have a blast.

Of course we will all continue to play music in some capacity so keep an eye out for that in the future but for now it is goodbye.

We have put up a couple of tracks for free that are B-Sides from Crooked Teeth as a parting gift to our awesome fans and supporters. Stay tuned for those shortly, we hope you enjoy them

Lovers, haters, people that don't care, thanks for being a part of the journey, it's been real!

Ryan, Dan, Chris, Dylan and Sam.

Submitted by JuneJuly

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
08:07 AM on 06/11/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Too bad, they just signed to Equal Vision.
08:10 AM on 06/11/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Wow, did not see this coming.
08:26 AM on 06/11/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Bummer. I've always been a fan of this band.
08:31 AM on 06/11/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I used to like them but they got really boring so yeah this is probably for the best RIP
08:31 AM on 06/11/13
HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Too bad, they just signed to Equal Vision.
I was just as shocked about that signing as this news. Solid band.
09:34 AM on 06/11/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I guess the hurricane won.
10:30 AM on 06/11/13
The Meech
User Info.
dang. I've always really enjoyed these guys.
10:40 AM on 06/11/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
I feel like they kinda reached their apex a little while ago. I was surprised to see that they were signed to Equal Vision cause I thought they had broken up already. Still a solid band though.
12:08 PM on 06/11/13
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
I fucking loved their EP once-upon-a-time. Couldn't get into their first full-length so I basically stopped listening. Still makes me sad.
01:05 PM on 06/11/13
thetruthisvile
..but vital to this cause.
User Info.
I guess the hurricane won.
Laughed.
02:15 PM on 06/11/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
I fucking loved their EP once-upon-a-time. Couldn't get into their first full-length so I basically stopped listening. Still makes me sad.
I was the same. Loved forfitatude EP. The albums didnt do much

Gone before they took off
03:10 PM on 06/11/13
sosayweall
User Info.
I thought the first full-length was pretty good, but the production was kinda weak and made the album sound like one giant song.
03:17 PM on 06/11/13
minutesarehours
Instagram @wideawakeanddead
User Info.
This is kind of a bummer. I've been into this band for a long time. Wasn't feeling the newer sound too much but all and all they've put forth a few good efforts. Shame I'll never get to see them play. Was hoping for some U.S. dates.
06:42 PM on 06/11/13
KillHipsters
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Honestly, I am surprised they made it to the seven year mark as a band after basically losing their entire lineup a little while after releasing the Forfeitures EP (which was awesome). Sucks they just signed to Equal Vision and this happens. Reminds me of what happened to Sunk Loto, on the verge of greatness and then BAM!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests