"maybe you should stop before you get a defamation suit."

What's there to defame?

Good on UTG, I guess.
06:18 PM on 06/13/13
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
Okay.

Why the hell are you listening to an album 4+ times, and counting, I'd you think it's garbage and hate it?

Here's the thing: if you don't like it, move on. Doesn't hurt you, doesn't effect you. Some of us enjoy FIR, and so what? These bands are damn big, and the AP.net community is barely a dent in that... When it comes down to it, people hating here and bitching about Ronnie doesnt make anything happen. Theyre going to sell a lot of albums regardless of the small group of people on here.

There's plenty of bands on this site people LOVE that I think are pretty bad too. So, I just keep moving. That's the beauty of music though, we can all like something different and it's alright. Why waste so much time hating something and letting it get to you so much when it doesn't harm you in any way?

aka the point of this editorial
05:15 PM on 06/14/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
AP isn't gonna attract fans of FIR, and if they tried and got FIR fans on the site those kids would be told to go kill themselves and told that they're worthless, as we see people belittling fans of these bands (not necessarily to their faces) but online. Which, actually, is a problem that many of these kids have and the bands they listen to help them through. It's always sad for me to see people talk shit on the fan bases like they're almost less than people... But that's kinda separate.

They claim they don't post the news for the hate it gets, but that's all that happens and they know it. I don't know why they sponsored the tour, peobably for the advertising and money. It definitely looks silly on their part, especially if anyone found this site from that tour and came on to talk about the music and realized even the staff is talking shit. Embarrassing.

A) There isn't lyrically anything in Falling In Reverses music that people can use to "help" them through something. But yeah, people can like what they please. Again, that was the point of this editorial.

B) The "kill yourself" thing is a pretty big exaggeration for the AP community. This isn't Lambgoat. They may just get tired of seeing the same person stick up for a proven douche.

C) "spon·sor
/ˈspänsər/
Noun
A person or organization that provides funds or support for a project or activity carried out by another, in particular."

AP spent time or money or both for that tour. You can thank a diverse staff, the same staff you can't stop shitting on, for sponsoring one of your favorite bands.

D) People have opinions different from yours. It's not embarrassing.
06:02 PM on 06/14/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
Okay well all the kids who look up to Ronnie, and have used his music to get through hard parts of lives, will tell you otherwise whether you find anything there or not... There aren't any staff that stick up for Ronnie, either, nor are they one of my favorite bands. I've just had good experiences with Ronnie and he's helped us out. That simple.

That's the thing though: look up to the music or its message. That's all fine and dandy, whatever helps you out. Those same kids idolize that man though. Look at people like Tim Lambesis or Ian Watkins, who had clean records (unlike Ronnie) and still manage to do or plan HORRID things. Even the "good guys" aren't people to put on a pedestal, let alone ones who have a poor track record. And you may claim to be the band and Ronnie's friend (and that may very well be true) but they aren't going to come to you with 100% honesty or completely expose and reveal themselves to you.

The staff doesn't need to stick up for him, that's not their job nor their requirement. I'm really baffled how ANYONE can stick up for him, given that his new lyricism indicates that he has this headstrong attitude that there's nothing wrong with what he's done in the past, that he's misunderstood, or that people hate for no reasons. There are plenty.
08:43 PM on 06/14/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
You're using his song lyrics as a way of saying "he thinks he never did any wrong," but that's not true, and he regrets shit he's done. Stop taking his lyrics as a way of him saying there's nothing wrong with anything he's done, he's actually a pretty down to earth dude. Ronnie doing something nice isn't a news story, watch the episode of Warped Roadies where he brings a fan onstage to sing with him during his set among other things.

These sites are posting gossip style news about him, with little to no care for the truth. Ronnie's gonna tell more of the story than these sites like to fabricate (see PupFresh's pathetic cry for attention).

So it should be news when frontmen sign autographs and hug fans? Then, fuck, every band would be front page. That logic really, really fails.

Of course he's going to be this sweet heart around crying fans (though I don't know there is video of him spitting on them...)

Maybe things have been rumors, like the Pup Fresh fiasco but it's pretty sad when your reputation makes them believable.
09:06 PM on 06/14/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
Ummm. Bringing a fan with cancer backstage all day, hanging out with them, talking to them, and then inviting her onstage with her own microphone to sing a song with him? Yeah, that's just as much news as far as I'm concerned. You don't see many band members doing all of that anymore.

Source? Tumblr doesn't count.

And yeah, you do. Kellin Quinn is a perfect example: you have a frontman for a band that is pretty harshly received by the majority of AP, but the Reddit campaign made news. It was publicized and proven.
09:08 PM on 06/14/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
the video I mentioned, since you said you hadn't heard of it.

Yeah Ive seen it. Lemme rephrase:

"though I don't know, there is video of him spitting on them..."

Commas are important and I broke a big rule of mine
09:21 PM on 06/14/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
Uhhhh I was there?

And it was an episode of Warped Roadies...?

The entire back story was there? Really?

I'm shocked because I'd expect to have seen this story come up as a major defense by his super fans when people call him out, just like that rumored Austin Carlile fight explanation.

There, you have an unconfirmed story, a sketchy report at best and yet fans hold that so dear, it's their only argument in support of Austin.

And here, you have an apparently documented story that no one has heard about.

Something isn't right.
05:06 AM on 06/15/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
Not like the music sites went and posted anything to defend him. Plus, Warped Roadies wasn't a huge show or anything.

Huh. Well, good on him for that one, then.
12:49 PM on 06/17/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
IS THIS SERIOUSLY STILL GOING ON

Yep
02:22 PM on 06/25/13
Steve Alcala
User Info.
Is this thing still on?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE