Username
Password
Release Date News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 44 of 44.
07:14 AM on 07/03/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Guys, it's worth noting that hitting #1 on iTunes for any period, even a short one, is an accomplishment but not an obvious indicator of commercial success. I've seen other artists with a medium-sized, but dedicated fanbase hit that before.

In this case, they've already had 3 gold albums and have charted fairly high a few other times. Not really sure this is getting more recognition than all of those.
07:29 AM on 07/03/13
Greg
User Info.
Guys, it's worth noting that hitting #1 on iTunes for any period, even a short one, is an accomplishment but not an obvious indicator of commercial success. I've seen other artists with a medium-sized, but dedicated fanbase hit that before.

In this case, they've already had 3 gold albums and have charted fairly high a few other times. Not really sure this is getting more recognition than all of those.
valid point
10:40 AM on 07/03/13
brettswanny
brettswanny
User Info.
I was unimpressed by the new Relient K album. But I gave The Spacepimps a first listen. Loved it! Immediately bought Eternal Boy! Such a good album!
05:08 PM on 07/03/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I specifically said for this album, not these guys. There is a distinct difference there. This is their worst album since their debut, it does not deserve to be #1 for anything.

If the album flops they flop. It goes hand in hand. The album is solid for what it is and the direction they decided to go which was a pop album. They could have a radio hit or two on the album.
05:11 PM on 07/03/13
Greg
User Info.
If the album flops they flop. It goes hand in hand. The album is solid for what it is and the direction they decided to go which was a pop album. They could have a radio hit or two on the album.

"For what it is" hahahaha fool
05:13 PM on 07/03/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"For what it is" hahahaha fool

Oh you're one of those douchebags that resorts to insults when he can't carry out a conversation. So cool
05:15 PM on 07/03/13
Greg
User Info.
Oh you're one of those douchebags that resorts to insults when he can't carry out a conversation. So cool

Nah. I'm one of those people who don't bother arguing someone when they use a cliche bullshit blanket statement as their defense. Which makes you a fool. I was stating a fact, not insulting you.
05:23 PM on 07/03/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nah. I'm one of those people who don't bother arguing someone when they use a cliche bullshit blanket statement as their defense. Which makes you a fool. I was stating a fact, not insulting you.
God you're a fucking retard.
05:31 PM on 07/03/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.

oh, the hypocrisy! (and a good ol' offensive slur was included to really make the hypocrisy even more obvious)
05:33 PM on 07/03/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh, the hypocrisy! (and a good ol' offensive slur was included to really make the hypocrisy even more obvious)

Hope you were offended!
05:35 PM on 07/03/13
Greg
User Info.

Yea man. It's fucking retarded to expect a better defense than "just accept it for what it is". It only dismisses critical thinking and lacks any real point. Lets forget all context. Lets forget about everything else and just accept everything blindly.

Riiiiiiight.
05:35 PM on 07/03/13
Greg
User Info.

I know, right?
05:42 PM on 07/03/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yea man. It's fucking retarded to expect a better defense than "just accept it for what it is". It only dismisses critical thinking and lacks any real point. Lets forget all context. Lets forget about everything else and just accept everything blindly.

Riiiiiiight.
I didn't say you had to like it. I definitely don't think it's their best album but I don't wish for them to be unsuccessful like you. I also think the album has some catchy tracks that could land them back on the radio given the fan base. Nothing wrong with liking an album for what the artist intended it to be.
06:02 PM on 07/03/13
Greg
User Info.
I didn't say you had to like it. I definitely don't think it's their best album but I don't wish for them to be unsuccessful like you. I also think the album has some catchy tracks that could land them back on the radio given the fan base. Nothing wrong with liking an album for what the artist intended it to be.

You again assume I want the band members themselves to fail. I never said that, nor will I. You are ignoring MY intentions. There is a huge difference between wishing ill will on the members and being bummed that one of ther worst releases is getting recognition when they have done much much better.

And there is a difference between calling an album solid and someone enjoying it. People can enjoy crap all they want, but it's still crap. It's irrelevant who likes or enjoys it for any reason.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests