Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
HHHNNNGGGGGGG
09:59 AM on 07/04/13
Hindenburg
DIY Guy
User Info.
I had no idea they'd been in the studio. I can't wait for this to happen.
See I had my suspicions when reading the liner notes for the 4 way split, "Fake Death" sounds way too good and is way too little of an effort for them to have gone to Skylight Studio and done ONE song with Vince Ratti. Not to mention, prior to the hiatus announcement, their tumblr updates occasionally had little hints at new songs and them writing and arranging a record.

I'm very interested to hear what this album will sound like. The sort of evolution of the post-Two Worlds songs has been interesting.

At first we got "Jimmy Piersall" which harkens back to the Spirit Desire era sound, especially with the sublime keys used during the bridge. "Distress Signal," a now-classic track, really set the tone for how streamlined the band could be yet still retaining the pace of S/T and the second half of TW, this is also a key example of a Ben/Brianna vocal team up.

"My Friend Morrissey" recalls back the charm of Adams voice, feeling a lot like an older brother to "Coil/Recoil." "No Mask" with its quick pace and lo-fi production quality really feels like a timeless Tigers Jaw track, the lyrics and momentum of the song really give one chills, another Ben/Brianna match up that worked very well at Bledfest and I imagine on the tour as well. "Haze Coffin" now sort of feels like Adam's own personal swan song within the band - an older, longer-haired version of the person that so somberly sang "I Saw the Wolf."

And finally... "Fake Death," a song that greatly scales back the tones and instrumentation to a mix of S/T and the preceding "No Mask." The whole vibe of this song, especially the name, evokes a somber feel. The lyrics describing the fake death of growing distances, lost opportunities, while the end sang by Adam really evokes a sense of looking back. The perfect final track for a band?

GUESS NOT. stoked.
10:41 AM on 07/04/13
Amib70
You think of everything
User Info.
will be wicked bummin if this isn't real
01:28 PM on 07/05/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I think a lot of people would be well served to go back to the announcement Brianna made prior to the last tour and give it another read. They were very specific with their wording for a lot of reasons, I think.
05:38 PM on 07/06/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
pls
03:31 AM on 07/07/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Good news.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE